Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
New Why couldn't Trump just build his wall with the Army and an Executive order? This is going noowhere. I'm not sure who's dumber, Trump or the Dems. The wall would be cheaper than all the garbage that has been going on with the Dems dragging their feet.
1) The funding would have to be approved by congress.

2) It needs to go through all of the regulatory procedures like all other projects do including an environmental assessment.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Agree here, police officers aren't exactly into helping people anymore, heck a little while back a court held that "police have no obligation to serve and protect"
In other words, police can collect the money, but actually doing their job that they SWORE to do is optional?!!!:duh:

It did not always used to be this way, the police used to serve the people, they were often honorable people, role models and pillars of their communities
Hahaha I'll admit I'd be more curious if bits went missing every time lol

Fair enough.
I just thought he'd to well in a career where he got to stick up for people. :)

Woop woop! Y'all drink rum? My shout! ;)
I dont look at it as the job being a negative but theres soo much at risk. Not just the physical harm but the law suits... yeah for me that would be it the endless lawsuits. Just can be very unrewarding

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
1) The funding would have to be approved by congress.

2) It needs to go through all of the regulatory procedures like all other projects do including an environmental assessment.
So Congress still has the say so financially even with an executive order ? I thought it had to do with the courts

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Agree here, police officers aren't exactly into helping people anymore, heck a little while back a court held that "police have no obligation to serve and protect"
In other words, police can collect the money, but actually doing their job that they SWORE to do is optional?!!!:duh:

It did not always used to be this way, the police used to serve the people, they were often honorable people, role models and pillars of their communities
I see both sides of it. I forgot what the heck happened maybe a choking incident in ny. But things were getting out of hand. Cops were getting assaulted left and right. They were getting hit with all sorts of law suits to boot. So allot stopped reporting to calls timely or just not responding at all. Crappy situation i can see both sides

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
That sounds great but no disrespect to our law enforcement (im a ret C.O) but i would try my hardest for him not to follow that career path. Not how things are in this country
I'm inclined to agree with this. When I was in the army, I was an MP. I worked corrections while I was there.

LE can be a rewarding career path, but if we're being honest; it's thankless, difficult, dangerous and just downright unpleasant.

Same goes for the military.

If my boy wants to follow in my footsteps I'll be proud, but I'll be happier if be goes to school and follows his dreams and works with the whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I dont look at it as the job being a negative but theres soo much at risk. Not just the physical harm but the law suits... yeah for me that would be it the endless lawsuits. Just can be very unrewarding
That's fair, last thing you want is your little man getting hurt - mentally or physically. I don't have kids myself but I totally understand. :)

I'm inclined to agree with this. When I was in the army, I was an MP. I worked corrections while I was there.

LE can be a rewarding career path, but if we're being honest; it's thankless, difficult, dangerous and just downright unpleasant.

If my boy wants to follow in my footsteps I'll be proud, but I'll be happier if be goes to school and follows his dreams and works with the whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium
That's an awesome dream!
"How was work honey?"
"Ahh, you know. Swam with the largest fish on earth, fed it, done things the general public couldn't dream of doing, so just an average day." :D

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

Yes definitely the whale sharks !
It makes me sick to see how these kids in the military are held to these ridiculous standards under duress.

The liability is just too high. He could have a great career. Complete 19 yrs and 364 days. But on day 365 he gets jammed up and bam no pension, no job, legal fees and a family to explain this too.

Oddly enough the only thing he wants to be is a soldier. Thats it nothing else. Hes the kids that thanks men and women in uniform for there service. Little guy qill watch WW2 documentaries all day. If thats his calling then so be it.

K krichardson how do you feel ? Kid in law enforcement?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Oddly enough the only thing he wants to be is a soldier. Thats it nothing else. Hes the kids that thanks men and women in uniform for there service. Little guy qill watch WW2 documentaries all day. If thats his calling then so be it.
Awe, sounds like my baby brother when he was a little boy. He joined the marines right after high school. Signed up for 8yrs I believe. I worry about him all the time.
One upside right now is his monthly training is only an hour from me. He lives out of state so he stays at my place on those weekends. It’s nice getting that time with him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store