Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
You guys here about the NCAA players being able to profit off of there skill sets. From what i understand they wont be collecting a check from the college but will somehow be compensated for the money they bring in...ie jersey sales

What do you all think ?
Personally, I don’t have a problem with it. But, There will be abuses of this and it will go away.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Just saw this, that's a shame dude. You gave him a good run.
I kind of agree. Some say the school is compensating the by giving a scholarship, thats valid too. Flipside is the programs bring in millions

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't follow college athletics so I don't have much of an opinion on it either way.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I don't follow college athletics so I don't have much of an opinion on it either way.
Other thank the nfl draft i dont follow any of it either

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I follow no drafts as i do not watch collage sports. Draft just boring crap to me.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee

Hello; I recall that we discussed this sort of thing a few years ago in a dedicated thread and again a few weeks ago in another thread but I cannot recall the thread so I put the link here.

Years ago there was a man who did not show up for work and when investigated he was found killed in his home by two pitt bull dogs he had raised from pups. This current story has some witnesses on the scene is a difference.

Seems the two dogs had been sent to a vets place to be kept locked up after a biting incident and the owner of the two dogs had come to visit to take them out for some exercise (I think in a fenced area). For some reason her own dogs decided to attack her and she died from the injuries.
My take is the dogs had bitten something before was why they were under quarantine. I think if a dog bites some one this can happen so they can be watched for rabies but it may also be for the act of biting alone, that part is not clear. I guess the owner must have figured her own pets would treat her better but was wrong.

These sorts of stories along with the picture where a pitt bull looking dog had chewed a telephone pole in half make me suspicious of that type of dog more than any others. I can not say I have heard of any other type dog turning on it's owner the same way. Might have happened and I just do not know.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island

Hello; I recall that we discussed this sort of thing a few years ago in a dedicated thread and again a few weeks ago in another thread but I cannot recall the thread so I put the link here.

Years ago there was a man who did not show up for work and when investigated he was found killed in his home by two pitt bull dogs he had raised from pups. This current story has some witnesses on the scene is a difference.

Seems the two dogs had been sent to a vets place to be kept locked up after a biting incident and the owner of the two dogs had come to visit to take them out for some exercise (I think in a fenced area). For some reason her own dogs decided to attack her and she died from the injuries.
My take is the dogs had bitten something before was why they were under quarantine. I think if a dog bites some one this can happen so they can be watched for rabies but it may also be for the act of biting alone, that part is not clear. I guess the owner must have figured her own pets would treat her better but was wrong.

These sorts of stories along with the picture where a pitt bull looking dog had chewed a telephone pole in half make me suspicious of that type of dog more than any others. I can not say I have heard of any other type dog turning on it's owner the same way. Might have happened and I just do not know.
That story definitely does not show pit bulls in a very good light

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
That story definitely does not show pit bulls in a very good light
My experience is with Chow dogs. I’ve never met one I trusted. Pits on the other hand, known many of them and most are sweet tempered and great dogs. I’m just happy chihuahuas aren’t bigger than they are. I’m a delivery driver for FedEx! I have been attacked by them more times than I care to think about. Vicious little things! LoL!!

• Haha
Reactions: islandguy11

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My experience is with Chow dogs. I’ve never met one I trusted. Pits on the other hand, known many of them and most are sweet tempered and great dogs. I’m just happy chihuahuas aren’t bigger than they are. I’m a delivery driver for FedEx! I have been attacked by them more times than I care to think about. Vicious little things! LoL!!
Yes,chihuahua are extremely aggressive towards strangers and agreed on it being a good thing that they are small.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Went to a friends house once back in the 90's and his wife had a chihuahua. The thing started biting my back leg/pants. I was about to tell him to control it or I would when the dog stopped.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store