Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I am afraid that mr. Fancy Pants the jewel Tetra could not outrun Photon the malawi, and was evidently consumed.

I guess nothing's going to outrun a fish named Photon.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
so I go to log on my PC and windows wants me to make a PIN#, last time I looked my PC is not versa-teller or A cash machine. Its like using a A frying pan you bought and you pull it out and it says sorry you can not use this pan till you make a pin#. I bought the pan I own the pan. use it, don,nt use it, leave in the cubbered for ever or smash with a hammer, Its my damn pan. Same for my OS that I bought.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
...reminds me of when I click on a youtube link and I get directed to a screen that prompts me to set up a youtube account.If I wanted to go through all of that I would have set one up some time ago.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I am afraid that mr. Fancy Pants the jewel Tetra could not outrun Photon the malawi, and was evidently consumed.

I guess nothing's going to outrun a fish named Photon.
Jewel Tetra? I've never heard of a tetra named that.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
so I go to log on my PC and windows wants me to make a PIN#, last time I looked my PC is not versa-teller or A cash machine. Its like using a A frying pan you bought and you pull it out and it says sorry you can not use this pan till you make a pin#. I bought the pan I own the pan. use it, don,nt use it, leave in the cubbered for ever or smash with a hammer, Its my damn pan. Same for my OS that I bought.

I agree so hard. When I had to buy my first Windows 10 pc a few months ago, it INSISTED that I create a Microsoft account to back my stuff up and the like. I'm like no, I'm good- I've already got that all ironed out. Thanks but no thanks Microsoft.

Reactions: deeda

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
. . . , Its my damn pan. Same for my OS that I bought.
What you bought is a promise. What you bought is a license that gives defined rights to both parties.
You get the right to use their software. All you own is the right to use it, and they can cancel it at any time, for whatever purpose, and without notice or refund.

Read the microsoft EULA's (end user license agreement) and that is what it says.

I have used each version of Windows since 1988, Win 3.0.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I was building pc,s when there was no windows, msdos and drdos. Does not change my opinion, if I want # for my password
I can do that myself.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ahh, I've never heard them called jewel tetras before now.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Who are those dudes, members of the Grim Bastards MC?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store