Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I got my vaccine, felt like the needle was 1” in diameter but now I’ve had my Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I can now go back to my normal life of avoiding social interaction like the plague and not talking to someone who isn’t family/coworker for weeks at a time. :naughty:

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I can now go back to my normal life of avoiding social interaction like the plague and not talking to someone who isn’t family/coworker for weeks at a time. :naughty:
Sounds awfully like mine, but I try to socialize :cry:

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I got my vaccine, felt like the needle was 1” in diameter but now I’ve had my Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I can now go back to my normal life of avoiding social interaction like the plague and not talking to someone who isn’t family/coworker for weeks at a time. :naughty:
I hope you was polite to the nurse, because if not.......

images.jpeg-4.jpg

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Got the second moderna shot well over a month ago. I am fully vaccinated. I no longer wear a mask anywhere. So far no one has stopped me or said anything to me. Been to a redo-wedding and no one had a mask.
Seems like every time we actually reach a milestone in the struggle with the covid19 virus, the authorities try to set up another hurdle. Finally heard a plausible explaination the other day for why it may be of value to keep the crisis stance going. Seems a lot of the newly proposed legislation is to be justified using the covid emergency as a backdrop.

I am fully vaccinated. The vaccine is supposed to be effective. I had a strong reaction to the second shot which is a clue that the first shot had already worked. I will not catch the current strain of the virus. I cannot spread the virus. I will go shopping to new places as I see fit. I also am lucky to live in a state which has reasonable rules. Our schools have been having in person teaching for some time now and so on.

I only check in this site from time to time lately. I started on a Ford Mustang site some months ago as i was attempting to buy a new car. Guess what? I found the same sorts of boneheads on that site also. Big difference so far is they are not so quick to do the cancel thing and close threads very much less often. Good to see some of the familiar members have survived here.

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
I drive a FedEx route. My route is primarily businesses. I have had both moderna shots also. I keep my mask in the truck for the 15 or so places that really have issues with it.
I can't be controversial with customers so I just bite my tongue and put the suffocating thing on. May I mention that SENC jumps from so called winter, ( avg temp 48 degrees) to very real summer, (avg temps upper 70's into the 80's. Most stores really don't care at this point.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I drive a FedEx route. My route is primarily businesses. I have had both moderna shots also. I keep my mask in the truck for the 15 or so places that really have issues with it.
I can't be controversial with customers so I just bite my tongue and put the suffocating thing on. May I mention that SENC jumps from so called winter, ( avg temp 48 degrees) to very real summer, (avg temps upper 70's into the 80's. Most stores really don't care at this point.
I lived in Brunswick County NC for two years back in 1998-1999. I rented a room in Boiling Springs Lakes not far from Southport NC. I know about the summers and the humidity.
I get your point. The silly stuff will have to be endured in some places for a while. I expect the next ploy to continue the "emergency" status will be that a mutated variant is on the loose. Hopefully enough of our leaders will know better that to shut us down again. Maybe not at any level higher that the state level, but I do hope some lessons have been learned.

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Wow! Just realized this thread is slowly approaching 3,000 pages! Is this the most pages on an MFK post ever?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store