Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
That show is painful to watch. It's sooo corny and cheesy. Some of their builds are very weak. Like the pinball fish tank.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

karaig19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
In the Ocean
Other then the intense anger I got from them saying fire eels only get 24"... and there usual horendouse overstock of fish. It was a Great Show!:wall:
Same exact fustration! I kinda half heard what they said the first time so I rewinded it and I was like what???? They must be so clueless to freshwater fish. "Fire eels only get 24 inchs max" and the way he said it he was so sure of himself. They need to stick to saltwater and they where barely even intelegent about that!:wall:

kageh124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
MD, DC Area
Just saw the episode last night and apparently it was an 800 gallon tank. Normally they go into detail about each of the fish in the tank but this time it was like... here's a King Kong Parrot and a Fire Eel...and 58 other fish.

Rayshot1

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
California
I still watch but it has gotten more scripted since the first season..But it is our (MFK PEEPs) only outlet to prove to the wives we are not the only crazy people to keep big multiple tanks!

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
was at a friends when the show was on yesterday, they said ( hey, your favorite show is on ) i told them straight out i dont really like tanked.... they dont really talk about any chemicals or how to do the nitrogen cycle, or any useful facts any new fishkeepers should know...

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
I finally watched the devil episode and it was painful to watch not only for the even more scripted acting but segrest? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
Just a side note involving ATM products and what they do. A client of mine has a 6000 gallon system from them. It is a 6ft deep hexagon with full viewing from all sides. He recently redid the whole system and we cycled that tank with the Cycle product by ATM. I have used it on three systems now, a 150 reef, a 200 gallon quarantine, and the 6000 fish only. All three systems cycled in 5 days fully. It is the only product I have ever used which actually worked to cycle the tank fast. I will be using the freshwater product this summer in my new 1000 gallon stingray system. I will track and post results for everyone to see. They may seem like goofballs on tv, but they hire people that know their stuff and produce a great product.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Just a side note involving ATM products and what they do. A client of mine has a 6000 gallon system from them. It is a 6ft deep hexagon with full viewing from all sides. He recently redid the whole system and we cycled that tank with the Cycle product by ATM. I have used it on three systems now, a 150 reef, a 200 gallon quarantine, and the 6000 fish only. All three systems cycled in 5 days fully. It is the only product I have ever used which actually worked to cycle the tank fast. I will be using the freshwater product this summer in my new 1000 gallon stingray system. I will track and post results for everyone to see. They may seem like goofballs on tv, but they hire people that know their stuff and produce a great product.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Endorsement

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
Endorsement

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

how so, I mean either way, results with pic speak louder, than words, and it somtihng to watch. I read a interview with tropical fish, about fish tank kings, the new season seems to hit the mark with the hobbiest. the said they will be sitting up several tanks with over the counter stuff for the "normal" keeper, sorry to go OT, but Tanked is just that a show. i could take it or leave it.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Never used their products, Never thought to put my stock at risk because I was "determined" to have a full tank in 5 days... I don't use any product that claim to "cycle your tank fast!"If at some point I became unhappy with the products I already use, I might give their watrer conditioner ect a shot. BUt there are plenty of tried and tested products/business i'de much rather give my money too then those clowns.

Last nights rocket tank i had to rewind and pause to make sure I saw a clown trigger in a 200gallon system with clowns and all kinds of other snacks. :duh:

It's one thing to say "we just build tanks..." but to claim they know about fish at this point is just silly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store