Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
A lot of fish like clown triggers get a bad rap for being insane predators. Really more of an invertebrate predator in the wild, if you keep them on prepared foods and well fed you would be surprised how well they will work with others. Previous setup of my clients tank had 20 clown triggers in with clowns, damsels, anthias, gobies, and other potential snacks. They were in there for 2 years and no issues. Now we have 6 shown clown triggers (12 inch) in with about 200 damsels, 50 tangs, and some other misc assorted fish. It has been 3 weeks now and no issues. We have them eating cut shrimp, ocean smelt, and scallops.

I know it is hard but don't judge them by what a producer and director decide to depict on a tv show.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lloyd378

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2012
Tacoma, WA
I may be in the minority here, but I like the show. It does a good job entertaining me for an hour a week with beautiful fish and really cool aquariums.
On a side note, I'd love to have that fish tank they made that was a headboard for a king sized bed. I also thought the episode from a couple of seasons ago when they made a tank that looked like a pirate ship for the child who had that terrible condition was very touching. I know everyone on MFK are here to keep, protect, and enjoy our fish. I am/feel the same way, except that I enjoy the show. Just my opinion though. Take it with a grain of salt, if you will.

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
I may be in the minority here, but I like the show. It does a good job entertaining me for an hour a week with beautiful fish and really cool aquariums.
On a side note, I'd love to have that fish tank they made that was a headboard for a king sized bed. I also thought the episode from a couple of seasons ago when they made a tank that looked like a pirate ship for the child who had that terrible condition was very touching. I know everyone on MFK are here to keep, protect, and enjoy our fish. I am/feel the same way, except that I enjoy the show. Just my opinion though. Take it with a grain of salt, if you will.
I agree with you, I may not like the way they stock there tanks but I do find it interesting watching them build some cool looking aquariums.

Robg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2011
schaumburg il
I agree a lot of the TV shows are setup but they have to make it interesting and yes they are really nice looking tanks that they build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
The only reason I like the show is for the 2 hot girls. How can the fat guy get a hot girl for his wife? I could just sit and watch the 2 hot girls for an hour doing nothing than watch the actual show.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
The only reason I like the show is for the 2 hot girls. How can the fat guy get a hot girl for his wife? I could just sit and watch the 2 hot girls for an hour doing nothing than watch the actual show.
That is very disturbing. Maybe its because he doesn't sit there and watch them for aan hour. I only think the blonde was is hot.

I think this season was a little bit better for explaining some info for the fish. Some stockings are bad but it is entertaining and how I wish I could go to that place they get the ssalt water ffish from would be there for ever!

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
I like pretty women but for each, his own.:grinno: The show would be more entertaining without all the drama. I bet alot of people have tried to do what they do in a smaller version but putting fish in water that's been "cycled" immediately will end up killing the fish soon. If they can "cycle" the water to immediately add fish, the show would be more credible if they return to show a follow-up on their tanks.

That is very disturbing. Maybe its because he doesn't sit there and watch them for aan hour. I only think the blonde was is hot.

I think this season was a little bit better for explaining some info for the fish. Some stockings are bad but it is entertaining and how I wish I could go to that place they get the ssalt water ffish from would be there for ever!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
When Im in the mood for such a show I go with Fishtank Kings.

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Maybe we can have enough people to contact the producers to update us on their tanks? Then, it might give us a clearer picture as to what happens to the tank and fish after a couple of months. That would clear up whether they actually know what they are doing.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Maybe we can have enough people to contact the producers to update us on their tanks? Then, it might give us a clearer picture as to what happens to the tank and fish after a couple of months. That would clear up whether they actually know what they are doing.
From the stories ive heard the tanks they do do not do well after. But in their defense the fish tank kings tanks and stock do not do well past the show either. Ive seen a few after in person. The original fish stocked on the episode were "mysteriously" gone shortly after.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store