Old Pond Pics

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Those sturgeons are PIMP! Monster- Japanese- A -spec- stylin- pimp -out trick- daddy whos- your- momma- Pond! The only thing that would beat that is a pond full of 20+ inch rays!!! :D :D

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I used to have a couple of those on the back porch that I used for spawning zebra dianos and leopard corys in, seperate pools of course. I would just wait for warm weather and fill them up, add a few bunches of anacharis and a handful of duckweed, then wait a week and drop in a couple dozen breeding size fish. Feed them well, flake and live food. By late summer I would have a lot of fish to trade.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
yeah, but i just figured that in an enclosed environment like that, it would only be a matter of time before the babies start darting out to get food, and then get spotted and consumed themselves. So i thought, anyway.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
piranha45 said:
the parents don't eat the fry, guppy?
Sure they do, at lest the zebras I'm not sure about the corys, lots of duck weed and elodea, flake and granular food, t. worms and brine shrimp often. No matter how many gor eaten I always had more at the end than I started with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store