One big fish for a 55 long?

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I don't think you will get the 'puppy dog' response from a BGK- they hide during the day and are really only active at night.

The JD or Red Devil idea is cool, or maybe a jag or midas? Even a fancy GF of some sort would be pretty cool...

My wifes 'little' pearl scale fancy (Fido) is going on baseball size now in a little over a year!

Kaybear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2009
Kansas City, KS
Yea, I have heard some people having a very personable black ghost knife but I know my chances will be better with something else. I think he's just looking for something different, if not different looking then colorful. Another reason why I was looking at the flower horns. I will have to have him look at pics and decide what he wants. Hopefully my lfs will have what he wants so I don't have to have one shipped in.

zippo300z

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
corpus christi
How bout an electric blue jack dempsey and some clown loaches....they both grow extremely slow. Or some senegal bichirs if he wants something different.

littlewangzfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2010
Guam
My post might not be related to this thread but coming across a couple enjoying the same hobby puts a smile on my face. I'm happy for you and GL.

Kaybear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2009
Kansas City, KS
Thanks, he's just getting into fish because of me. He still looks at me weird when I try explaining the fishless cycling process and why I'm doing what I'm doing. His sister in law thinks I'm weird when I start my "fish talk" as she calls it, I just take it as her being jealous because I know my stuff ;)
GT meaning green terror? I was looking at terrors last night and found a few colorful ones, are they the same thing, mislabeled or more of those poor fish being subjected to a dying or hormone process?
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0OwDLfj3Z9bG_iONEEtkFFVBbqxwtfbbMMJVA3Oq4mkPwuMSL

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
All natural, green terrors are simply stunning fish with great natural coloration - some just have genetics that impressive

Kaybear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2009
Kansas City, KS
Good, guess now I just need to do my research and get him to look at some pics. We need to make a trip to the lfs to see what he has available too. It's been a little over a year since I have been there so I know he will be excited to see me. Another question, would two of the penguin 200 bio filters be good enough? I really only used sponge filters before because I was breeding, never had hang ons. One Is rated for a 50 gallon so I figure two would be plenty but I didn't know if there were other filters that would be better and still not extremely expensive.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
i might upgrade to a little bigger hang on the back but as long as you keep up with your weekly WC's i think you should be okay with those for quite some time, especially if you buy the new fish relatively small

Kaybear

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2009
Kansas City, KS
Yea, I plan on getting whatever fish young and I will be doing a fishless cycle on the 55 as well once we get everything for it. I'm only on the 3rd day of fishless cycling for my 75, I'm pretty excited. I know I still have a ways to go before it's ready but I know it's better for the fish in the long run to use the ammonia and be patient. I used to clean over 300 gallons of water twice a week with a python while I was breeding fish so a 75 and 55 that often will be nothing lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store