Online suppliers?

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
There's a pinned thread for this but it has not been updated in 10 yrs and some of the ones on the list aren't even around anymore. Just wondered if there may be other online suppliers I am not aware of out there? Ones I know of are..

Exoticfishshop- Just used them for first time and very pleased
Rohoboth- personally wont use him. Does not follow through with things.
Monster Aquaria- Sent them message, they read it and never replied
Wetspot tropical- Seem pretty decent, prices are a tad high but not terrible
Aquabid- Seems like its mostly Wetspot that sells polys on there

Any other ones I am not aware of? After the holidays I plan to pick up a few new polys so just wanted to make sure I knew of all the suppliers out there.

Reactions: magpie

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Monster Aquaria?.....only such name I was ever aware of was the forum community that was associated with MFK.There is a Monster Aquarium in New York that is highly touted.
I've dealt with Wet Spot for hard to find synodontis catfish.
Rehoboth is still probably the go to source for polypterids....which is probably of no use to you given what you said about them.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yep that's the one I meant, just had the name mixed up.
Oh okay.I have dealt with them a few times and I've gotten the best results by calling them on the phone.

Reactions: Steve_C

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Aquascapeonline has them as well.

Reactions: magpie

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
for poly's, in my opinion toyin over at rehoboth is the way to go. he's been in business for awhile. and lots of og member knows about him and bought their poly's from him and can vouch for him. he is a hard man to get a hold of tho the past few years. u need to be 100% serious when buying from him. to many questions will get u ignore. thats the only down side about rehoboth. and i like how he ships airport to airport, its cheaper and u get your fish the same day! i can see why people dislike him..but its worth the headache buying from toyin in my opinion.

Reactions: Hao

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I simply won't bother with toyin anymore. I was told ahead of time by a member that dealing with him is not easy. I sent him a question asking if he had any Endli's he replied right away with what he had. I then asked how much would shipping be, he replied asking for my address. I replied with my address...and he ignored me for an entire week. I finally let him know today to forget it I went elsewhere, he replied back with a "thumbsup"...guess he doesn't even understand when someone is letting him know he's treating his customers poorly.

As a business owner myself for the past 17yrs (not aquarium related, I run a very busy custom fishing rod business as my main career) I simply feel his business practices are absolutely terrible. I would never treat my potential customers like that. I was a very serious buyer with money waiting for him and he ignored me. I ended up simply buying from elsewhere (exoticfishshop).

I'm not tryin to bash the guy, but when you treat customers like that, then that is just not a good way to do business and I'm amazed that anyone would return back to him if they were treated that way.

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
I simply won't bother with toyin anymore. I was told ahead of time by a member that dealing with him is not easy. I sent him a question asking if he had any Endli's he replied right away with what he had. I then asked how much would shipping be, he replied asking for my address. I replied with my address...and he ignored me for an entire week. I finally let him know today to forget it I went elsewhere, he replied back with a "thumbsup"...guess he doesn't even understand when someone is letting him know he's treating his customers poorly.

As a business owner myself for the past 17yrs (not aquarium related, I run a very busy custom fishing rod business as my main career) I simply feel his business practices are absolutely terrible. I would never treat my potential customers like that. I was a very serious buyer with money waiting for him and he ignored me. I ended up simply buying from elsewhere (exoticfishshop).

I'm not tryin to bash the guy, but when you treat customers like that, then that is just not a good way to do business and I'm amazed that anyone would return back to him if they were treated that way.

lol thats exactly what everybody goes thru when talking to him. i myself been thru that and fully understand how you feel. i wish his communication was better aswell. it would land him more business. but thats just how he is. i just buy from him when no one else has what i am looking for. hope you find the poly's youre looking for man.

Reactions: Steve_C
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store