Only fish lovers understand

MommyJulia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
A, A
Since I will be called a fish nerd or fish geek by my friends here, I decided to post on mfk instead. The place where ppl love fish and understand.
After 2 really rough days (2 sick dogs vomiting/diarrhea all over the place) with only 7 hours of sleep in 48hrs, I decided to watch my new tank. I sat and watched it for an hour, while listening to peaceful music.
In my new tank I have my JD, tiger oscar, firemouth, and my biggest pleco. I watched the firemouth try and have napoleon complex and be tough around the pleco and oscar. He is a bit scared of the JD. After he "flared" his chin at the oscar over and over and over again, finally the oscar had enough and opened his mouth like a threat. Kind of like how dogs would give a warning before they nip. I couldn't help but laugh, and the firemouth went and hid. After all that showing off and one little warning from the oscar and he cowers. I thought it was really funny, or maybe I am just super tired. Anyone else sit and stare at their tank and see funny personalities? :)

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Sorry you've had a couple of bad days.:) My tanks go a long towards relieving stress too. Good luck with those dogs.

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Im a closet fish freak. Try to keep it under wraps but when the topic is brought up I cant help but talk the persons ear off about certain fish ha ha

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Fish Eat Fish;1728534; said:
Im a closet fish freak. Try to keep it under wraps but when the topic is brought up I cant help but talk the persons ear off about certain fish ha ha
:headbang2
I'm exactly the same.
Fish isn't the 'in' topic to talk about in a modern day high school so blurting it out in general will resolt in a bit of a 'haha'.

People will suss me out though when they see me staring at the 'Queensland Freshwater Fish' poster for the whole science lesson.:drool:

cartisdm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Virginia
I enjoy watching my tank too, specially during feeding time (obviously). But I generally catch crap from my roommates too:)

Gee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2005
San Bernardino, CA
I watch my tank every night, when I put my heat pad on for my arthritis. My tank is on the floor, so I just lay on my bed..and stare..:eek:

I like to think I learn a good bit about behavior though. I get to watch my Elephantnose go through the sand..did you know their trunks work like little fingers? And the CLs of course, they are great.

johnny_1993

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2007
Italy
Mystix212;1728549; said:
:headbang2
I'm exactly the same.
Fish isn't the 'in' topic to talk about in a modern day high school so blurting it out in general will resolt in a bit of a 'haha'.

People will suss me out though when they see me staring at the 'Queensland Freshwater Fish' poster for the whole science lesson.:drool:
exactly , except without the going on fish websites at school, keep that for home lol. it's funny when someone i havent met asks me what i have for sale at school though.

Monolicious

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
ON MFK
Fish are the greatest stress reliever ever not to mention they give you so much unconditional love

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store