OOPS!!! Not Fish. Just Dinosaur Eggs.

Yakuza-Irezumi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
In a Tattoo Studio
Oddball,i admire your work,for i beleive in evolution and i'll leave it at that,for sake of flaming.Your findings encourage my beliefs and i follow your threads with close admiration.And you have quite the fish collection.Thank You.

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
in jurassic park they feature a dilophasaurus (sp?) though the portrayal of this dinosaur was completely false (they were as you know im sure, much taller, did not spit venom, nor had a frill) isn't this species from the jurassic period?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
You're correct. They're from the early jurassic.

As for movie dinosaur size. The director wanted the predators to be larger so they're present better on film. When the 1st movie was filming, velociraptors were only known to be half the movie depiction's size. Shortly after Robert Bakker left the production as a consultant, a friend of his discovered Utahraptor wyomingensis which matched the size of the raptors in the movie.

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
HAHA so it's like Hollywood invented it, and then it actually ended up existing anyway! wow. I always thought the raptors in the movie seemed to resemble a dionicus (sp?) I figured the name "raptor" was more bad *** and easier to market and thats why they chose to call it that lol.

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
Wow Oddball this is amazing! But how on earth do you find all these fossils? I've always wanted to find dinosaur fossils.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Nabbig2;1963466; said:
Wow Oddball this is amazing! But how on earth do you find all these fossils? I've always wanted to find dinosaur fossils.
I'd have alot more if I could have been lucky enough to find something for each trip. Such was not the case. What I have is the result of nearly 40 years of digs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store