Ordering New 440/480 any advice?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
I can understand the crazing part but Think about what you're saying that if you cut acrylic in a certain way it will get stronger. If you believe that I've got a bridge and some magic beans to sell you. The worse it's gonna do is just sag over time Won't hurt the tank
I don’t do this for a living at all... I do imagine heating/cooling/heating again plays on material... he’s made 2000 tanks for 20 years... I’ll take his word over... well... anyone with less than 20 years n 2000 tanks experience...

Just saying...

How much are the beans?

On another note...

5894FC0A-FAA6-468C-9092-2C857B997D06.jpeg

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I don’t do this for a living at all... I do imagine heating/cooling/heating again plays on material... he’s made 2000 tanks for 20 years... I’ll take his word over... well... anyone with less than 20 years n 2000 tanks experience...

Just saying...

How much are the beans?

On another note...

View attachment 1410642
The time has almost come...nothing like new acrylic smell. Did they throw in the needed bulkheads?

Reactions: deeda and dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Kind of... he only has two of the gate valves..
I didn’t realize they were so pricey... ($60ea)

They were delayed in shipping,
supposed to bring the other two with my finished panels next week...

I’m gonna have to redo some of the plumbing at some point and I need to incorporate my drain I put in...

I’m just happy to get it in my house running at half capacity....

Gonna start washing 800#’s of gravel tm ?

Thanks all!

516B543C-6BF4-44F1-A887-62CF47774156.jpeg

Reactions: fishhead0103666

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Kind of... he only has two of the gate valves..
I didn’t realize they were so pricey... ($60ea)

They were delayed in shipping,
supposed to bring the other two with my finished panels next week...

I’m gonna have to redo some of the plumbing at some point and I need to incorporate my drain I put in...

I’m just happy to get it in my house running at half capacity....

Gonna start washing 800#’s of gravel tm ?

Thanks all!

View attachment 1410648
Nice. Yeah 1.5" gate valves, check valves, ball valve, any valve will quickly add up. When I plumbed my tank in January I bought all my true union valves and black PVC from BRS. It cost more but good quailty and you do it once.

All my unions and 90*, etc are white at HD. I can think through the plumbing runs, but there's always an adjustment in implementation. So going to HD is easier for additional pieces is better than ordering online lol. Plus I had the color combo in mind.

Keep us posted with plumbing and setup.

Reactions: dr exum

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019

Just saying...

How much are the beans?

On another note...

Or just a good sales man,

The beens are a steal at only $5000, My beens are the best because I have been selling them for 35 years. they will make you dreams come true, what ever you want they can do, remember I sead it and I have sold a lot of these for over 35 years, so it has to be true.

Also the math dose not add up 20 years 2000 tanks, that 100 tanks a year or just under 2 tanks a week, seems far off from his build schedule.

Side note try supply house.com for the PVC they were by far the cheapest and the fittings are way thicker from them then HD. Buy more they you think you are going to need.

View attachment 1410642

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019

Just saying...

How much are the beans?

On another note...

View attachment 1410642
And in your first post you stated that is would make it stronger not stay the same or get weaker.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
And in your first post you stated that is would make it stronger not stay the same or get weaker.
I may have put the improper verbiage there... I meant to convey my builder stated his technique vs plunge cut / flame polish was less traumatic to the integrity of the acyrlic thus making it stronger or hold up better than the tradition mass production technique...

I’m not trying to split hairs here... I guess he’s been working since 92... so what’s that 28 years ... I’m not doing math to try to figure out how many tanks that is... I’ll take his word if he says 2000... it’s more than I’ve built...

Good luck on your build!

D8159DF8-B676-4CDA-8840-7CBB75FF92CC.jpeg

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I may have put the improper verbiage there... I meant to convey my builder stated his technique vs plunge cut / flame polish was less traumatic to the integrity of the acyrlic thus making it stronger or hold up better than the tradition mass production technique...

I’m not trying to split hairs here... I guess he’s been working since 92... so what’s that 28 years ... I’m not doing math to try to figure out how many tanks that is... I’ll take his word if he says 2000... it’s more than I’ve built...

Good luck on your build!

View attachment 1410899
You've been busy I see. How's everything running and sounding? How you like the L2?

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019

Good luck on your build!

View attachment 1410899
Yea I am a very literal person as use to practice law. And just like in law if you are caught in a lie I hurts your credibility. Even if he could make a tank a month way shorter then what it took for yours but tanks are smaller and tanks are bigger but that's only 12 tanks a year so for every 10 years that 120 tanks 30 years 360 tanks far off from 2000. I just don't believe everything someone says even if it is what I want to hear.

But we are splitting hairs and your tank looks great. I wish I did not have this sump laying around or I could have justified getting a nice one. When you get a min can you post some more pics of the lids and the sump. You got that up quick I am over 20 man hours in and I still have at least another 6-8 and that does not include running my hard line drain and fill hose. But now that I was thinking I am on a well and I might try a drip system.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
You've been busy I see. How's everything running and sounding? How you like the L2?
Running both l2’s at full, with only 2/4 drains running... it was quiet at one point, it’s not super loud...

Need to tweak once other gate valves and rest of the plumbing arrives...

It’s very cold in there... probably 50’s not sure how long it will take to get up to temp... waiting for that to start cycle...

Still waiting on the fascia and mini hood...

It’s running though!

Little sore from moving it, gotta set up the reef link, the mp40’s, and spread the gravel better..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store