Oscar fish with ich! Dont know where to house it,pls help.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Your oscar will be fine for quite a while without food. The ich will kill it before it starves to death. It's appetite may be surpressed anyway because of the ich. So at this time just concentrate on getting shut of the ich.

Jdk

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2020
Indonesia
I really want this ich to go away, is it okay to make the temp rise to 30 degrees celsius? And which one is more effective:methylne blue or aquarium salt?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I really want this ich to go away, is it okay to make the temp rise to 30 degrees celsius? And which one is more effective:methylne blue or aquarium salt?
Ich takes time to get rid of, be patient. All the methods are effective, if carried out correctly. Once you choose a method see it out until the end, the worse thing you can do is try and kill the ich using all methods at once, that will kill your fish.

As far as temps go it really depends on your fish, some can tolerate higher than others. All the higher temperature does is speed up the cycle of the ich, temperature alone won't kill the ich unless you go crazy high, but then your fish will die too. You can raise it up in slight increments, OBSERVE YOUR FISH, and be sure to increase surface agitation to increase oxygen levels.

Just give it time, you've had some good advice. Don't be too disheartened if you lose the odd fish, it happens with ich. But it's better to lose the odd fish than your whole stock.

Good luck, keep us posted of developments.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jdk

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2020
Indonesia

im looking right now at my oscar floating. Ich is on every part of its body as well as flying around the tank,..... little nasty things.

I hope everyone can learn from my mistake here, which is to quarantine any fish as soon as you see problems. I took it too lightly in the beginning and as soon as things became dire, it was too late.. im now turning my heater to 34 degree Celsius to sterilize the water. Best not to dwell upon it too much.

Any cool ideas for any fishes for this tank? Im planning on doing an aquascape full of plants so i need a fish/creature that is plant friendly.

All these things aside, I thank everyone in this post who has helped me and wish you a great day!

rich the fishkeeper

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2020

im looking right now at my oscar floating. Ich is on every part of its body as well as flying around the tank,..... little nasty things.

I hope everyone can learn from my mistake here, which is to quarantine any fish as soon as you see problems. I took it too lightly in the beginning and as soon as things became dire, it was too late.. im now turning my heater to 34 degree Celsius to sterilize the water. Best not to dwell upon it too much.

Any cool ideas for any fishes for this tank? Im planning on doing an aquascape full of plants so i need a fish/creature that is plant friendly.

All these things aside, I thank everyone in this post who has helped me and wish you a great day!
i think ich is pretty hard to treat on oscars for some reason. Both my oscar died because of a ich outbreak in my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store