Oscar rescue

Kvandy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Roseville, MI
Yeah the tanks are ick infested and not heated either. It was kind of a impulse buy. Yesterday I lost my grandpa who struggled alot with Alzheimer's and dementia . On my way home from saying my final goodbye I stopped by the store to pick some stuff up. Took my daughter over to the fish to have a look and seen this guy struggling. There was nothing I could do to help my grandpa so I figured I would help this oscar

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Yeah the tanks are ick infested and not heated either. It was kind of a impulse buy. Yesterday I lost my grandpa who struggled alot with Alzheimer's and dementia . On my way home from saying my final goodbye I stopped by the store to pick some stuff up. Took my daughter over to the fish to have a look and seen this guy struggling. There was nothing I could do to help my grandpa so I figured I would help this oscar
IM so sorry for your loss.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Sorry for your loss. I know what it’s like to loose family.
Glad you saved the little guy. I’ve said it before Oscars are the most abused fish in the hobby, next to the feeders some places sell.
He will be a monster in no time.
Good luck with it.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Sorry about your grandfather. Sounds like you have a big heart. Keep us updated. love the oscars!

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Sorry about your grandfather, goo to see his passing inspired you to help this fish out though.
Probably need to quarantine him if you are going to add him into a tank with other fish.
What sort of grocery store sells aquarium fish anyway? Where are you from, is it common because I've never heard of such a bizarre shop where you can pick up some milk and an Oscar on the way home.

Kvandy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Roseville, MI
Sorry about your grandfather, goo to see his passing inspired you to help this fish out though.
Probably need to quarantine him if you are going to add him into a tank with other fish.
What sort of grocery store sells aquarium fish anyway? Where are you from, is it common because I've never heard of such a bizarre shop where you can pick up some milk and an Oscar on the way home.
Thats funny. Here is Michigan we have Meijer and Walmart that both sell fish. Luckily I live in the city and have 9 fish stores with in 20 minutes of me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store