oscars

trout guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
so cal
theyre a really easy fish to take care of like tigerfish said feed them pellets. have a 50gallon tank minimum and keep the water temp in the 72-80 degree range and youll be fine.

Ocellanatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2005
u will need real good filtration cuz dem oscar are messy, i have owned a few over the years so thats my exp.

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Oscars are greedy and messy eaters. Thus a good filtration is a MUST. Food wise, feeding pellets is good enough.:)

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
55 gal will be out grown in aprox a year. Multiple feedings a day small quantitys will make them grow fast and i mean very fast. in a year they should be pushing 12 inchs give or take. Pellets are in my opp best food for oscars. feeders are worse food. feeders will make them sick and cause health problems for them. When i traded my pair of oscars in they were the best looking big pair the lfs has ever seen . and i never gave feeders. They were woprried about hole in the head . trust me pellets are best for em

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
WckedMidas said:
55 gal will be out grown in aprox a year. Multiple feedings a day small quantitys will make them grow fast and i mean very fast. in a year they should be pushing 12 inchs give or take. Pellets are in my opp best food for oscars. feeders are worse food. feeders will make them sick and cause health problems for them. When i traded my pair of oscars in they were the best looking big pair the lfs has ever seen . and i never gave feeders. They were woprried about hole in the head . trust me pellets are best for em
I 2nd to that. Feeding small quantity every few hours will make a fish grows much faster compared to 2 or 1 big hearty meal per day.

As for feeders. It got to depend on where's the source are these feeders from. If they're from a stream where pollution is not been found, I guess they're still pretty safe to feed. But still the thumb of the rule is still to quarantine them for about at least 2 weeks. If you're to tok about serious quarantine, at least it's gonna take a month of 2. :22_yikes:

Neo Baron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
look buy a 90g tank and put very large canister filters on i use ehiem than leave the bottom w/ no gravel that makes it eaiser to siphon off debris because oscars chew there food. u can put some gravel in if u want but only put a 1/2 inch, because it is a pain cleaning gravel. as for the feeders i guess these guys have never seen a beutiful fish waste away from feederfish. by the way the water has to be very clean i clean my oscars tank which is a 90g every other day doing like 80% of the water. and he loves it. :hearts:

troy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
So do you guys relly think feeding my oscers feeder fish is bad for them :uhoh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store