Over crowded?

Jackthe6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2019
Let me know if wrong place, it’s my first post here after constantly reading other advice lol. I have a 180 gall tank that I’ve had for awhile and haven’t got it running due to being torn on what to stock it with. And as I kept thinking about it I realized I want a ton of bottom dwellers and wanted to know what’s a good number.
Option 1-community
15 kuhli Loaches
10 Cory cats
3-5 bristlenose plecos
Suggestion for non bottom fish welcome

Option 2-noodle heaven
Ropefish- don’t know how many
Birchir-Senegal maybe, would like suggestions on other type and how many

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Let me know if wrong place, it’s my first post here after constantly reading other advice lol. I have a 180 gall tank that I’ve had for awhile and haven’t got it running due to being torn on what to stock it with. And as I kept thinking about it I realized I want a ton of bottom dwellers and wanted to know what’s a good number.
Option 1-community
15 kuhli Loaches
10 Cory cats
3-5 bristlenose plecos
Suggestion for non bottom fish welcome

Option 2-noodle heaven
Ropefish- don’t know how many
Birchir-Senegal maybe, would like suggestions on other type and how many

Welcome aboard

You could easily do option #1 in a 180 gallon. Option #2 would work also I suggest a group of 4 Senegal polys.

Jackthe6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2019
Welcome aboard

You could easily do option #1 in a 180 gallon. Option #2 would work also I suggest a group of 4 Senegal polys.
I know those numbers could work but I would honestly want to double the number oh kuhlis and add more Cory. And at that point I feel like that’s too much for the bottom but idk, have never kept either fish.

And I did look at the Delhezi and the ornate but it’s my first time with birchir so wanted to start with the most basic/smallest if that makes sense.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I know those numbers could work but I would honestly want to double the number oh kuhlis and add more Cory. And at that point I feel like that’s too much for the bottom but idk, have never kept either fish.

And I did look at the Delhezi and the ornate but it’s my first time with birchir so wanted to start with the most basic/smallest if that makes sense.

Ornate Bicher would outgrow the Senegal Bichir and possibly eat them. Non bottom dwellers for option #1 Bolivian Ram and Tetra's.

Reactions: d033ie

Jackthe6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2019
Ornate Bicher would outgrow the Senegal Bichir and possibly eat them. Non bottom dwellers for option #1 Bolivian Ram and Tetra's.
I’ll look into the rams. I was looking into Congo tetras and cherry barbs for two options. Didn’t really see any other tetras that looked good to me

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I’ll look into the rams. I was looking into Congo tetras and cherry barbs for two options. Didn’t really see any other tetras that looked good to me

Just make sure that Congo Tetra don't eat small fish like Khuli Loaches.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
You could easily double the number of khuli loach and the corys. And if you like cherry barbs then Odessa barbs are an alternative and look stunning in full colour in large groups, or alternatively something quieter like pencilfish. The odd few pairs of dwarf cichlid would look well, apistogramma cacatuoides maybe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store