Oxydoras Niger

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I used go to the puppy center in West Hartford. It was an awesome place to get coral frags at great prices. I thought they closed. Did they relocate or is it the same place?
I think they closed - see my yelp link.

Having run a fish rescue for a decade myself, I'd say forget about the shipping. It can be shipped assuredly safely but for the cost of buying a 100 of these fish. Not worth it...
If you could convince a professional online vendor who does ship large fish (and such vendors are quite rare) to ship it for you with or without a sedative, that'd usually be in the affordable range for many. But vendors most usually don't want to get involved in this. A vendor who is a friend might. Now that's a tall order.

Steejaye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2018
Too bad. That was a great store. I used to drive almost an hour each way to go there every other month until they closed

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Too bad. That was a great store. I used to drive almost an hour each way to go there every other month until they closed
They were a great store. I lived in Rochester NY about 8 hours away each way and I was there twice leaving both times with scores of fish!

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
They were a great store. I lived in Rochester NY about 8 hours away each way and I was there twice leaving both times with scores of fish!
I hope you learned a valuable lesson here.

Steejaye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the post. By “lesson” , I assume you are referring to the fact that certain species of fish grow large. I have had active aquariums since I was 8 years old in 1972. Over the years I have grown various species of fish to monster size. Oscars, Knifes, Gars, Arowanas and Catfish. I have always been able to re-home these fish when they grew to a size larger than I was interested in keeping. I was well aware of the size this Niger would grow to.
Thanks again. No offense taken.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store