P14 Pricing

definitelynotkevin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2021
It's been a couple years since I was last keeping stingrays. So I'm not super familiar with current ray pricing. Trying to get an idea on what these are currently going for. An individual has a pair around 6.5 inches across that he has listed for sale. Looks like they are imports from SE asia. What is a typical price for these?

Thanks

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Really depends on where u live lol.
In Asia almost every fish is cheaper, so if you do live there I would assume a p14 would cost maybe 200-300USD. If you live in non Asian countries I would assume 350-500 USD? This is purely based on assumption. It would be helpful to know where u live.
I live in Singapore, in SE Asia and the price of a p14 is about 300SGD-400SGD
stingrayguy stingrayguy kelz kelz Matteus Matteus

Reactions: Matteus

definitelynotkevin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2021
Thank you for the information, that certainly helps. I'm in Canada. The seller has them listed for approx 1000 for the pair in usd, on the higher end it soundslike. Canada's prices tend to be a little higher overall so it doesn't sound bad.

Reactions: Matteus and Caveden

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Thank you for the information, that certainly helps. I'm in Canada. The seller has them listed for approx 1000 for the pair in usd, on the higher end it soundslike. Canada's prices tend to be a little higher overall so it doesn't sound bad.
Typically here in Canada p14 is at a similar price to bd or just slightly higher. For a good healthy pair at 1k. That is a very fair price.

Where in Canada are you? I’m in southern Ontario….

definitelynotkevin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2021
Typically here in Canada p14 is at a similar price to bd or just slightly higher. For a good healthy pair at 1k. That is a very fair price.

Where in Canada are you? I’m in southern Ontario….
I ended up talking with the seller more, he has them listed as p14 but them stated they are actually p14 x bd. Canadian he is asking 1300, which is approx 1000 USD. From what I have seen retail BDs start at around 800 canadian and go up from there.

I'm in the niagara region, the seller is located in Markham though.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I ended up talking with the seller more, he has them listed as p14 but them stated they are actually p14 x bd. Canadian he is asking 1300, which is approx 1000 USD. From what I have seen retail BDs start at around 800 canadian and go up from there.

I'm in the niagara region, the seller is located in Markham though.
800-Do you mean for a pair of bd or for a single?

Looks like you are talking about the pair from Howard. He is a great guy, have dealt with him before, met in person. Top notch guy, always has the most cutting edge rays in eastern possibly all of Canada.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store