paludarium?

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
well its pretty much done just needs either a false bottom or some kind of land area separator
now i need things like expanding foam, slate rocks, spider wood

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
the top part actually came together very sturdy
and the aquarium part is separate, i might silicone the top section on the aquarium section but it seems like i wont need to
much better than buying a pre built paludarium i would recommend building one of these if anyone is interested its like half the price
also there is much more water area compared to a pre build paludarium

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
i got one can of expanding foam
has anyone here used expanding foam? i was curious how much area one can of it can cover or if i will need to buy more
im planning on leveling light panel mesh and foaming around the sides and up the levels

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
i got the paludarium made and all the materials to separate the land area including silicone, expanding foam, pvc tubes to go upright
whats the next step?
im making the land area out of the light panel held up with pvc tubes and black expanding foam to make it look interesting/natural

Reactions: markstrimaran

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
should i silicone the land areas into the paludarium permanently?
or i could make it a seperate piece that plugs into the paludarium
also how high should it be? below, above or at the top of the aquarium part?
the bottom aquarium half is a 20 gallon aquarium
im thinking about making it like 14 inches high so a little below the top of the aquarium half
also the plexiglass top part isnt siliconed to the rim of the aquarium but its sturdy and fits nicely should i silicone it together making it one piece?

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
also i think it differs a lot from a exo terra store bought paludarium because i used a 20 gallon as the water area, about half of its water so there should be a more adequate sized aquatic part
although im not really sure what kind of filter i should be using in it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store