PANIC!! HELP!! my angel fish poked and made babbies!!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
First few things... What is your setup, and what type of angels? How long ago did they lay their eggs? Do you have substrate, and what are the tank mates? If you intend to raise them, get ready to start some BBS.

-Asianguy-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Honolulu
i have

5 angel fish. 2 of wich are the parents
3 glofish
3 neon tetra
3 black widdow tetra
1 tinfoil barb
2 spotted cats
2 chinese algae eaters
2 red tail sharks (rainbow sharks)
2 loaches of some sort.
1 betta
3 mollies
1 male swordfish
1 female swordfish

all in a 55 and a fair amount of plants.

got gravel inside. I don't think the parents can fend off everyone till they hatch.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
A divider will help quite a bit. You should consider if you want the parents to attempt to raise the fry, or if you want to artificially raise them yourself.

-Asianguy-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Honolulu
i want the parents to do it.

i have a 20 sitting with water for a very long time. I can clean it out and hook up a filter. It has a melenium. but i think i need a sponge filter. i got an air pump no fliter.

think i'll put sand too or pool filter sand i've been reading about.

i want to hatch and raise the angels for a bit w/ the parents help. but i don't think i can keep so many fish.

the parents are vigiantly protecting the egss right now. but i know they can't defend them for long with the amount of fish in the tank right now.

I'm already missing a neon tetra. i had 4. i wondered why one was missing this morning.

-Asianguy-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Honolulu
WyldFya;773419; said:
A divider will help quite a bit. You should consider if you want the parents to attempt to raise the fry, or if you want to artificially raise them yourself.
hard to divide its a 55. and they happend to lay their eggs right under the flow of the millenium fliter. which i usually have turned off.

-Asianguy-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Honolulu
would it be safe to tranfer the parents and the plant with the eggs on it to a new empty tank?

i really want the babies to survive.

I'm on the way to the pet store now.

list for

sponge filter and air hose.

i have the pump. and a 20 gal tank.

carpediem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
If you move the parents and eggs they "might" stay with the eggs but then again they might freak out and not. If you try this, you have to use water from the 55 to fill the 20 or else you'll probably kill the eggs.

This is what I would do... Forget about the eggs you have now, just leave the situation be. Fill the 20, add your sponge filter and let it run for about 48 hours to get to temp and dechlorinate. Add a little bit of gravel from the 55 to seed it. Leave it mostly bare bottom. Add some furniture for spawning (pots, some floating plants, a couple of larger rocks preferably from the 55 gallon tank so it is covered with beneficial bacteria). Wait a few weeks and move the parents to their new breeder.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store