Parachromis managuensis aka jaguar cichlid at Fish Story

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Not trying to stir things up but I am wondering how you kill so many fish from over feeding but not learn a lesson to not over feed.
He primarily keeps monster fish and has cichlids rehomed to him mixed in those tanks and from what I understand doesn't have space to dedicate a whole tank to cichlids. I bet he has to feed a lot to make sure everybody gets fed and you know cichlids are just food wh*res. I think he is just now learning his lesson.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thank you HybridFinatic! It sounds close.

Not trying to stir things up but I am wondering how you kill so many fish from over feeding but not learn a lesson to not over feed.
No problem. Thank you. I welcome any questions as long as constructive and polite.

Call me a slow learner. I've lost this list of fish over about a 5 year span. We don't get too many cichlids and I am still a newbie at cichlids. I come from the catfish and oddball side.

With a small number of tanks (14) and our desire to give each fish the biggest possible tank at any time, we make mistakes and learn in retrospect often. We usually sort fish by tanks based on their compatibility as the first rule in terms of aggression. Not much luxury and room to consider any other factors, such as the propensity to overfeed.

Just like stated above, we've learned our lesson and will try better in the future.

It's not a single-factor analysis, as in, everything has been perfect except for the overfeeding... why hadn't I gotten it sooner? It's always solving more than one problem and learning lessons, sometimes more than two or three at any given time.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
1ft new rescue jag from Orlando. Looks female to me. Thicc! Our second jag ever.

Reactions: celebrist

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Only takes NLS giant pellets. Has not shown any interest in thawed fish in the 4 months with us:

Reactions: RampageRR

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The second jag's featured in passing. Doing well, loves giant NLS pellets. Disses frozen.

• Love
Reactions: celebrist
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store