Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be

Bansheeboy4040

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2019
Ok guys need help one more time and by the way the fishing line trick worked couldn't be more happy , thank you, but I need help bought another payara and was told it's an armatus can you let me know? Or did I waste my money his fins are yellowish now this pic is from the store I bought him from

Screenshot_20191107-165119_Kijiji.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Ok guys need help one more time and by the way the fishing line trick worked couldn't be more happy , thank you, but I need help bought another payara and was told it's an armatus can you let me know? Or did I waste my money his fins are yellowish now this pic is from the store I bought him from

View attachment 1394351
It's not my style to just give the answer when it comes to ID's for silver tooth fishes.

Look at your fish's adipose fin, compare it to the tail, then reference the sticky...

...and compare what you see. Please let me know what you think you have. :)

Reactions: Matteus

Bansheeboy4040

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2019
It's not my style to just give the answer when it comes to ID's for silver tooth fishes.

Look at your fish's adipose fin, compare it to the tail, then reference the sticky...

...and compare what you see. Please let me know what you think you have. :)
Well problem is it's still small I'm really not sure, guess I'll have to wait till hes bigger

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Well problem is it's still small I'm really not sure, guess I'll have to wait till hes bigger
There's no color in the adipose fin that contrasts with the caudal fin (they match), the fish appear to be swimming at a slight angle, there's no obvious white line on the back part of the caudal fin, there's a big black dot on the operculum (gill cover), and the fins are showing a reddish or yellowish tint, instead of brownish.

They're tatauaia :)

Bansheeboy4040

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2019
Well I know I'm new to Identifying payara but I'm going to buy a supposed true armatus this weekend and I want to make sure I dont get screwed, is there any way this Saturday I can take a pic and before I buy you guys give me a 100 percent go ahead? I've been screwed twice and I'm driving 5 hrs to get it I'd appreciate the help

Bansheeboy4040

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2019
Once again I'm being told this is an armatus, I cant tell, I'm just tired of driving to get the wrong fish, I hope this an armatus like the store says they claim to have both red tail and armatus the last one chixclub identified was the red tail I bought from same store, so hopefully this is an armatus I know your all tired of figuring it out for me but I keep looking at the guide and cant tell this is the last post I'll make sorry

Screenshot_20191112-213049_Email.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store