Peaceful crayfish?

brown_raptor1986

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
As the title indicates, I am interested in accquiring any type of crayfish that generally refrains from attacking its fish tank mates. I am planning to set up a 35 gallon tank for a three spot gourami and ideally, I'd like to get a crayfish as well. Apart from Mexican CPOs, are there any other crayfish species that would be able to co-exist peacefully with a three spot gourami? Thanks in advance.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If the ghost shrimp don’t work out then try amano shrimp, they get bigger. If they dont end up working out then you could get bamboo shrimp if you prepare the tank for them.

Reactions: brown_raptor1986

brown_raptor1986

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
If the ghost shrimp don’t work out then try amano shrimp, they get bigger. If they dont end up working out then you could get bamboo shrimp if you prepare the tank for them.
Thanks, much appreciated! My intention is to introduce plenty of hiding spots such as caves so that the shrimp will be able to access a safe refuge when they're in the process of regrowing their shells.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Are you also wishing for them to breed as well? If so then the bamboo shrimp and amano shrimp won’t be able to breed since they require brackish water for the fry to develop.

If you really want to give the shrimp a head start then you could introduce the shrimp first and let them get settled in then introduce the blue gourami.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I do agree but not any time soon. I’d give the tank at least a year before he considers getting one of those. I’ve been waiting more than 2 years and I’m still not sure if my tank can handle one. I’m sure it could handle a bamboo shrimp but not a vampire shrimp.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
They’re filter feeders so they would do best in an established tank. These aren’t like zebra danios where you can just throw them into a tank willy nilly, they need to have their needs met before getting them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store