BenjaminFranklin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2020
India
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
0-10%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every month
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I have 4 peacock bass in my 5x2x2 tank.....
Its been 1year, these guys never shown any abnormal behaviour or feeding delays......

Suddenly two of the basses, losts its appetite....
i was waiting for 15days till now.... trying with metrogyl 400mg (3days course).... this is my second day.....

But kindly help me out .... I dono what stressed those out, and one of the affected fish is lonely (standing at the top of the tank always) ...

Kindly help me out... I noticed down, the behaviour changes..... They are not good....

Really need help for feeding and its belly looks skinny.....

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d check the water quality asap. I’d separate for now. Try feeding with some garlic. Could be from aggression/dominance from the other pbass or water issues.

Reactions: BenjaminFranklin

BenjaminFranklin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2020
India
Thank you for the immediate reply...

I dont have any back up tank for seperation..... and no testing kid.....

its been a month , dint do water change.....

Could water change help??? need some tips

Note : Other Than MOLLEYs.... all 4 basses will not pick anything even if its live

1C15985D-6589-4D69-BB17-57518BEA6AB0.jpeg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I see you don't do many water changes, I suggest doing a series of progressively larger water changes over the next few days. Small water changes are ineffective at removing Nitrates, so you could have a buildup of bad stuff in the water. Do you have test kits available?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
honestly them probably picked something up from the feeders or are suffering from exsese ammonia having 4 big p bass in a 5x2 aquarium and not having done a water change in 1 month is not great I would immediately do a water change and work towards getting them off feeders also do you know the PH?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
i dont have a test kid....Thank you for the reply.... any suggestions for saving the baby??
Do a 50% water change today, then again over the next few days. Do not add more medicine unless other symptoms appear

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

BenjaminFranklin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2020
India
honestly them probably picked something up from the feeders or are suffering from exsese ammonia having 4 big p bass in a 5x2 aquarium and not having done a water change in 1 month is not great I would immediately do a water change and work towards getting them off feeders also do you know the PH?
I dont have test kid?.... kindly help me out.... i can do water change in the morning....should i have to seperate him for sure? i have a backup tank.... if its mandatory il put in bucket or something.....

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Don't separate them, just do a water change and clean the filter ASAP ;)

Reactions: BenjaminFranklin
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store