Peacock Bass, Which are nicer???

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
dabigshot77 said:
I do not understand as to why anyone would ever want a peacock, largemouth, small mouth, gar, walleye or any kind of game fish as a pet. I do not care how big of a tank you have, unless you have a pond, putting any of these "bass" in a home aquarium is a horrible idea. They are too aggressive, too big and too ugly to be placed in a home aquarium. Plus any bass that is placed in a home aquarium, will be over stressed and will most likely die within a short period of time. Not to mention, these fish are extremely territorial so why would you want only one fish in a huge tank by itself.
I'm going to qoute Phil here: "This is what happens when they don't require IQ tests before allowing one to use a computer." And, peacocks do very well in captivity, I don't where you're drawing info from - but it's wrong. And if you're calling peacocks ugly, then it's obvious to me that you've never seen one. Now, calling gars ugly? What a despicable thing to say! I have a feeling that a good number of other MFK members will have some choice words for you as well...

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
kdblove_99 said:
In your opinions?

cichla ocellaris or Mono's?

Which are the one's most commonly found at LFS, I like those?

I was looking at the big pbass thread in the photo gallery but, dont know which one's are cichla ocellaris or Mono's
i love e monoculus.... :drool:

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
dabigshot77 said:
I do not care how big of a tank you have, unless you have a pond, putting any of these "bass" in a home aquarium is a horrible idea. .
A-men. I don't agree with the rest of your post, but I do generally agree with that.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
aapl76 said:
heres mine orinocensis :hearts:
My dream fish :drool:

Once I get this fish I will be satisfied.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
PhullTank57 said:
And here's my orino... not half as nice as yours tho, brudder!! :drool:
Still a VERY stunning fish!! :drool:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store