Peacock Bass, Which are nicer???

Jay R.

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Port st. Lucie, FL
www.screamandfly.com
don't laugh neo, you wer eon here that late too, you gotta work that shift with me!!
seriously, I work nights and like to "surf" to wind down before I sleep so im usually gonna be on anywhere from 12:30 to 4 am sometimes as late as 5 am!!

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
way to resurrect a dead thread over an irrelevant dispute. Kdblove99 is a big fan of this board, btw; he visits here daily.

Nate_N_Nicole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Flat Rock, Mi
I like them both but monos have better color..

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
piranha45 said:
way to resurrect a dead thread over an irrelevant dispute. Kdblove99 is a big fan of this board, btw; he visits here daily.

Its not irrelevant to me. I just saw it. And i know kdblove99 since the FH days...

Like i wrote above its great if he likes the site, if he doesnt there are alternatives.

But back to the topic. . .sorry to derail.

TEMENSIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
TEMENSIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Favourite would be the temensis(3 bar, unspeckled) for its size and colour but between what's commonly available, it would be the monoculus for its bright green colour and black markings.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I have to say temensis and orinocensis are my fav. pbass! Monoclus do look pimp! I really hope hey have some pbass at the ACA..i would love to pick some up! :D

dabigshot77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2005
South FLorida
I do not understand as to why anyone would ever want a peacock, largemouth, small mouth, gar, walleye or any kind of game fish as a pet. I do not care how big of a tank you have, unless you have a pond, putting any of these "bass" in a home aquarium is a horrible idea. They are too aggressive, too big and too ugly to be placed in a home aquarium. Plus any bass that is placed in a home aquarium, will be over stressed and will most likely die within a short period of time. Not to mention, these fish are extremely territorial so why would you want only one fish in a huge tank by itself.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Uh huh...is that why there are so many members that are successfully keepin and some even possibly breedin these fish? Perhaps you should be a little more openminded about things. There are A LOT of VERY dedicated owners out there who provide nothing but the best and most optimal of conditions for their fish. Your view point kinda annoys me to be honest." They are too aggressive, too big and too ugly to be placed in a home aquarium"....if words were edible i would ask you to eat these! Not only are these fish beautiful, most of them aren't that aggressive. Pbass are actually more laid back and non territorial compared to most other cichlids, especially when compared to cichlids their size. If I were to adopt your logic of thinkin, then I wouldn't be able to keep Red Terrors because they get to big, and are extremely aggressive...and have to be kept to a tank by themselves...thus are wasting tank space. Oscars are too large, and can be rather territorial at times. Jaguar cichlids are too big and aggressive. The list goes on and on....perhaps I am just a little bit defensive about the fish I love when someone just comes in and bashes them. I have to disagree with you though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store