Pellets vs Purely Raw Feeding?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
If I could find that locally for that price it would be awesome. I think it is actually a little cheaper than the tilapia I get.
I only feed them this once every week or two weeks. One styrofoam last me about 1 1/2 month cause the polys eat about 1/4 lbs in one feeding.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 how do you serve a few anchovies or silvers life without defrosting the whole slab?

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 how do you serve a few anchovies or silvers life without defrosting the whole slab?
What i do is defrosted the whole thing and once its defrosted i count the anchovies, 25-30 anchovies i seperate it wrap it with a surround wrap, wrap it like how you wrap a hard candy, so i keep doing that till the whole styrofoam is empty, then i get a ziplock, i put each 25-30 anchovies that is wrap in the ziplock and freeze it again. So when i need to get some i just need to get one wrap that has 25-30 anchovies and defrosted that without defrosting the whole sytrofoam again. I know 25-30 pieces of anchovies is alot, but then i have 16 bichirs, so if one bichir can eat 2-3 anchovies ill have enough for the rest off them.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
What i do is defrosted the whole thing and once its defrosted i count the anchovies, 25-30 anchovies i seperate it wrap it with a surround wrap, wrap it like how you wrap a hard candy, so i keep doing that till the whole styrofoam is empty, then i get a ziplock, i put each 25-30 anchovies that is wrap in the ziplock and freeze it again. So when i need to get some i just need to get one wrap that has 25-30 anchovies and defrosted that without defrosting the whole sytrofoam again. I know 25-30 pieces of anchovies is alot, but then i have 16 bichirs, so if one bichir can eat 2-3 anchovies ill have enough for the rest off them.
wow they eat that many? Do u Waterchange after they finish eating? I would think the water would smell bad. Which is cleaner and less stinky to feed? Anchovies or silver slides?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
wow they eat that many? Do u Waterchange after they finish eating? I would think the water would smell bad. Which is cleaner and less stinky to feed? Anchovies or silver slides?
I havent use silverside, but the water dont stink, just make sure there is not alot left over. But even when i see alot of left over the water dont stink or gets cloudy.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Do you feed the whole thing or cut in half? They looked like good size smelt and anchovies. Are smelts messy to feed?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
The achovies i feed the whole thing, smelt i cut it in 3 pieces. I had a video that the polys were eating the anchovies, imma look for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store