peruvian angelfish

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I think they likely are. They look similar to Altums in some respects. They used to be sold as Peruvian Altums, which they are not. There is no such fish. However, they are still a very nice looking angel and you should be happy with them.

halconGT

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2010
Guatemala
I think they likely are. They look similar to Altums in some respects. They used to be sold as Peruvian Altums, which they are not. There is no such fish. However, they are still a very nice looking angel and you should be happy with them.
thanks for your comment. Certainly I've found them as peruvian altums too

Reactions: Deadeye

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
Those are most likely Rio nanay angels. Peruvians don't have dots from what I know. They look nice, they get nicer as they get older

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Look similar to the wild Rio Nanay Peru scalare I've gotten from TUIC on two occasions some years apart. They can vary individually a bit in color and spots. I've had individuals get a reflective, coppery electric sheen on their sides that's quite nice. I've had them to a good size.

I don't get angelfish very often and it's been a long, long time since I've had any domestic strain angels. :)

halconGT

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2010
Guatemala
Those are most likely Rio nanay angels. Peruvians don't have dots from what I know. They look nice, they get nicer as they get older
thanks for your reply, I think both names refer to same fish, although there are another species of Pterophyllum in Peru

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store