Petco Peacock Bass

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
I know . Wish I had the room for a tank for some tems.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016

richyrich

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
uk
Good luck with the little bass. keep us posted.
And here is another tank I would like, I think its a little small for the P. Bass. Some monster Tems.
X2 I wouldn’t mind that setup either absolute monster tems.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Good luck with the little bass. keep us posted.
And here is another tank I would like, I think its a little small for the P. Bass. Some monster Tems.
I subscribe to his YouTube channel for any updates he does.
That guys tems are legendary tbh I have never seen any this big

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Why isn't that guy a member here?

Reactions: Tony A.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Well bad and then good news. My initial attempt at keeping bass ended in complete failure. The little bass stressed and died about a day apart. I went to the store and about tripled the filtration I had (2 hang on back filters for up to 75 gallons, I know not as good as a canister). Yesterday I got 2 more peacock bass and a black ghost knife. I know the knife won’t go well with them as the aggressive level is way to high, but with his rock hide and the smaller sizes, I am just attempting to add a few inches before I put them in a more aggressive setting. These new bass are slightly larger (nearly 50% I would imagine and some good meat on them). They have taken blood worms well enough. May be too young to tel the species, but here is a pic regardless. These are maybe 1.75 inches.

image.jpg

Reactions: Tony A.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
1 week update, baby bass are doing great! Though they have to be some of the pickiest cichlids I have ever owned. They don’t eat pellets, only frozen and dried tubifex and blood worms. I did find out that fried shrimp are a big hit with my crew as well.

One of the peacock bass seems more yellow at this small size than the other. The larger one has some spotting on his back fin as well as a little bit on the tail. Wondering what they will start growing into. About what size can the community start to tell what kind of bass they are?

The ghost knife seems to be hanging in there. Still swimming around and quite a bit of energy. I really hope it establishes well, I miss my ghost knife.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
1 week update, baby bass are doing great! Though they have to be some of the pickiest cichlids I have ever owned. They don’t eat pellets, only frozen and dried tubifex and blood worms. I did find out that fried shrimp are a big hit with my crew as well.

One of the peacock bass seems more yellow at this small size than the other. The larger one has some spotting on his back fin as well as a little bit on the tail. Wondering what they will start growing into. About what size can the community start to tell what kind of bass they are?

The ghost knife seems to be hanging in there. Still swimming around and quite a bit of energy. I really hope it establishes well, I miss my ghost knife.
That’s great news, if you have them eating bloodworms pellets are just a few steps away follow the sticky on getting your baby bass onto pellets it works I have used it for every bass I have owned. Keep updating with growth pics

Reactions: richyrich
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store