Petition to legalize the Asian Arowana (USA)

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Might be a long shot, but I've made a petition for the US Fish and Wildlife Service to work on allowing legal, certified, chipped, CBB asian arowanas into the country. If you have a moment, and care about the US hobby ever seeing these fish - please take 30 seconds to sign.

-Drew

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’ve signed it.
I’m going to get the people at my high school to sign it, the teachers, family, and try to get as many people at my college to sign it. If the schools will let me I’ll put up flyers about this.

Reactions: Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
I’ve signed it.
I’m going to get the people at my high school to sign it, the teachers, family, and try to get as many people at my college to sign it. If the schools will let me I’ll put up flyers about this.
Can't wait to see how it goes. I've got some big names sharing it hopefully. Eventually I'd like to get Joey to share it. I know his past with MFK is checkered, but he's able to give this the publicity it needs.
Drew

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Just don't get joey and MFK involved. Approach him seperately.

Otherwise, signed!

Reactions: Chicxulub

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Very commendable... but isn't / hasn't there been established an earlier movement already? I have seen people wearing t-shirts with this slogan, e.g., at the 2019 Florida Monster Fish Bash at Predatory Fins.

If so, would having two movements hurt the cause (as in make it more diffuse, less efficient, neither will gain sufficient votes separately, etc.) or help it?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Very commendable... but isn't / hasn't there been established an earlier movement already? I have seen people wearing t-shirts with this slogan, e.g., at the 2019 Florida Monster Fish Bash at Predatory Fins.

If so, would having two movements hurt the cause (as in make it more diffuse, less efficient, neither will gain sufficient votes separately, etc.) or help it?
I agree that two movements would likely hurt the cause - I haven't been able to see anything of a second movement, though. Do you have a link you could share, or anything like that?
If so, I'd love to get in touch with the founder of that movement and see what we could do to help.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store