Petsmart now selling Flowerhorns and Red Texas cichlids?

Bllib

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2007
In a box of Pop Tarts!
I saw the tags sitting out and I was shocked especially since they were trying to get rid of some of the bigger cichlids. I went back a few days later and I did not see any labels on any of the tanks. SO I thought maybe it was a mistake. Guess not. So next time around maybe see if I can get one.

bigcatfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Same here in NC. The local PS has one FH that is about 2.5" long going for $26 I believe. They have a tank labeled for Red Texas, but I've never seen any at the store. I think they are listed for $6.
Not been too thrilled with the selection at PS, that's why I've been driving about an hour to go to a decent LFS in Charlotte NC. The Pet Smarts near me always have such a small variety of CA/SA and nothing (except for the poor quality Blood Parrots) is over 3" long.

What LFS do you go to in charlotte?

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I haven't seen red tex at petsmart but I've seen some poor red dragon fhs there its always like 1 killing 4 or 5 others in the tank. Pretty bad.

HokieFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Norf Cackalacky
What LFS do you go to in charlotte?
I've been going to Fintastic lately. The tank is pretty well stocked so I doubt I'll have a reason to head down there any time soon since my FH has been murdering anything new that goes in the tank.

meBNme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2011
Central North Carolina
Garner NC petsmart has both. I was in there today, they were $8.98
They had two RTs left about 2 inches and one FH at about 2.5"

Hokiefish

How far are you from wake forest NC?
Theres a really great LFS there with wide range of fish.

They have right now, golden datanoids, freshwater morays, freshwater stingrays, multiple arrowana from 4" to about 18", 14" fire eels, 24" clown knife, sturgeon, royal clown knife x2 10"
all kinds of good stuff.

Superskrull23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2011
Trenton Oh
went after work and saw the Red Texas's, and convinced the guy working that it must be a Jack Dempsey from the other tank, so i got a RedTexas for $2.50..... WINNING!!!

he looked at the tag, then the fish, then the tag yep must be a dempsey........ got heeeee'm

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Sh*t maybe I should hit the local pet smart this weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store