Photo-Edit 1.0 .....

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Looks like you have a gorgeous baby Paretroplus Menarambo, aka Pinstripe Damba. Congratulations on obtaining such a rare Malagasy gem :)
Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks, I'm really stoked about finally getting my hands on these guys. I believe the first time I saw them was in a Rare Fish/Wes thread and I immediately started lusting after them. Unfortunately when ever they came around either personal problems kept them from me or a lack in browsing MFK made me miss my opportunity to get them. Honestly right now they are my hands down favorite because of their awesome personality. At such a small size(approx.1.5 inches) you'd expect them to be shy or darty but they are the complete opposite. Upon my approach to the tank they run the front and rub their faces back and forth so fast against the glass you'd think they'll rub their face right off. The minute my hand is over the water I get to hear loud smacks of their mouths awaiting food at the surface while they take turns jumping out of the water trying to get the lions share of the pellets and brine shrimp. Love em' simply love these little buggers.

While I'm responding I might as well add a couple of more pics to the thread as well as put petspoilers advice to use by making sure there's something more then the fish in the pic..........
IMG_4398#3.JPG
IMG_4335#3.JPG
Check the Trachy enjoying wearing his favorite stump hat, moments later he tore around with it and scratched my glass something fierce
IMG_4365#2.JPG
IMG_4366#2.JPG
IMG_4463#3.JPG
IMG_4550#2.JPG
IMG_4555#2.JPG
IMG_4564#2.JPG

IMG_4398#3.JPG

IMG_4335#3.JPG

IMG_4365#2.JPG

IMG_4366#2.JPG

IMG_4463#3.JPG

IMG_4550#2.JPG

IMG_4555#2.JPG

IMG_4564#2.JPG

Reactions: Hendre

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
the oscar actually looks nice without decor with that lighting & his contrasting fin edges ;-)
great shots of the Trachy in hat, cute smiley face.
looks like the red sev left the picture after hearing that you won't sell him to me. No more posing for you!

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Nice

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Wow! Cool fish and awesome shots!
Thanks a lot man, by the way it's nice to see that the former lurker has been taking a more active role in posting recently. I've seen you contributing and it's nice to see you interacting and sharing your knowledge.

the oscar actually looks nice without decor with that lighting & his contrasting fin edges ;-)
great shots of the Trachy in hat, cute smiley face.
looks like the red sev left the picture after hearing that you won't sell him to me. No more posing for you!

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:
Thanks though what's funny is he's one of the few fish I don't like taking the black background pics of due to the lack of contrast, though I will admit it does make his white edging really stand out.
Yeah the Trachy's are funny they've always got that goofy look on their face, that plus unusual hats makes for a cute pic. As for the Sev one of the Trachy's(actually the one in the hat) ate the camera ham Sev. Now I'm down to only two. :cry:

What camera do you use, Kolt?
I'm using a Canon Rebel T1i , which I wouldn't recommend. It's not a bad camera but with the price drop I've seen on some newer models you can pic a newer cam up for just about what you'd pay for a new one of these. Though I will state that for a DSLR this thing is extremely resistant to damage. I'm a lumbering clod and have dropped this camera from chest level many times onto concrete as well as serviced it without ever reading how which has caused serious scratches to some of the component lenses and it still takes a decent photo.

Thanks Gr8!
man, those are beautiful shots.
Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment though I goofed on light placement on the FTS pic. Guess I'll take another better one when I get a chance.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Super photos and Vid. Stock is flawless. And to top it off the jams kick it too!

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Super photos and Vid. Stock is flawless. And to top it off the jams kick it too!
Glad you approve of the musical selection. lol! Thanks for the compliments man!

Here's a couple more pics including some recent stock additions.
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4800.JPG
IMG_4796.JPG
IMG_4812.JPG
IMG_4785.JPG
IMG_4810.JPG

IMG_4737.JPG

IMG_4800.JPG

IMG_4796.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

IMG_4810.JPG