** Photo of the Month Contest Rules **

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
OK, here's the skinny- I'm getting stickers and patches. I'm going to retroactively award all of the winners of those contests to have taken place whilst I was in charge of them. I'll be getting in touch with winners soon.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
What happened to the "bonus" of a free decal? After entering at least 3 contests, abiding all rules as far as I know, and including my address in my entries, I have never received a single decal.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
What happened to the "bonus" of a free decal? After entering at least 3 contests, abiding all rules as far as I know, and including my address in my entries, I have never received a single decal.
Didn't realize that was still on there. We stopped doing that after the server crash in 2015 that nearly killed the site. I took it out.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I wanted to take a second and further explain the idea of what is acceptable and what is not in terms of blacking out your photo.

When blacking out it is ok to get rid of LITTLE things like water marks, water debris and particles, etc.

The following is an example of what is acceptable.

BEFORE

AFTER

The following are examples of what is NOT acceptable.

BEFORE

AFTER

Another example of what is NOT acceptable.

BEFORE

AFTER

Who decides what is minimal editing/photo shopping/blacking out? The MFK staff. If you are unsure whether or not you are blacking/editing to much then simply send in both BEFORE and AFTER pictures with your entry. Otherwise, it might be disqualified.

* Special thanks to JohnPTC for helping me out with these great examples!
I can’t see before and after pics pls add them again

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Hello, just like Punjabiking1500 Punjabiking1500 , can you add before and after pics? Also, why does it always come up with those empty picture with a red x for photos dated a long time ago? Is it because of the great server crash of 2015?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store