Photobucket charging for 3rd party hosting

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I saw this on another fish forum that PhotoBucket has changed their TOS and will lock your photos for use on forums, etc. unless you pay almost $400 per year for that privilege.

You can still upload and look at your pics for free but can't post them on forums such as this.

Just a heads up to everyone!!

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
What about photo already posted?. Will they zap it or back charge? Sucks.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
What is happening to previously copied or imbedded photos is that some people are saying that the pic is shown as not available or has a question mark on it so it's not viewable.

I have checked some of my own PB pics and so far they are still good on the various fish forums. I have gone to my PB account and downloaded some of my album pics that I had lost due to a previous computer failure so they are on my new laptop now.

I did a quick PhotoBucket policy change search and found a lot of complaints about the switch and saw the new policy update when I logged into my PB account.

It's possible that either I'm not affected because I don't have that many pics or that they just haven't got to me yet.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm clearly missing something but I don't see why the service is needed in the first place when a member can simply upload their photos to the site directly from their device.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm clearly missing something but I don't see why the service is needed in the first place when a member can simply upload their photos to the site directly from their device.
Four hundred bucks....hah!

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Mine are still good too. May be they are too ugly to charge. Wait a miniute....aren't they making money off our photos when they sell it to others?

Reactions: eddiegunks

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
That's what I use to do but when they upgraded the site, I was not able too. How do you upload to the site.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's what I use to do but when they upgraded the site, I was not able too. How do you upload to the site.
I do it the same way as before the upgrade;tap upload a file,tap on documents,select either camera photos or downloads,tap desired photo,tap post reply.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not all sites allow you to upload photos
I don't see why not but luckily the four sites,including this one I am involved with haven't given me any problems doing so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store