Pic is worth a thousand words

gerryd

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 20, 2010
fl
Hi all.

New member here...looking forward to being part of the community..

I thought that this picture would better illustrate my lack of photography skills and give you all an idea of just how much help I need :)

I will be reviewing threads/stickies here for weeks soaking it all in and hope to get up to speed quickly..

I also know how to 'search' so hope not to waste anyone's time with common queries.....but apologize in advance if I do so...hopefully at a min or never :)

Appreciate any thoughts.

The scape is still growing in and will look much better in the future as it grows in and matures.....

You would not know it from this picture but there are over 200 cardinals in this tank....

Gerry.

IMG_1210.JPG

Reactions: Kolkri and HungDang

Turbo.MP

Feeder Fish
Aug 22, 2009
SLC, Utah
Welcome! That's actually a pretty cool tank. Not sure that I've seen such a large tank devoted to just tetras, haha

gerryd

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 20, 2010
fl
Hi,

Thanks much to both of you...

It is 180 gallons 72"x24"x24"...

I have always liked smaller fish and can get more of them in here lol I am sure that what I am doing is heresy over at monsterfish.com....

I do admire and like many of the larger species however...

I have had 15 large congos and 25 large bosemani at various times over the years (not together), but still mostly tetras...I have always had some cardinals, just not this many at once...

I have 100 T. espei (lambchop rasbora) in quarantine that will be added in the next month or so...

They will inhabit the upper layers.. I wanted hatchets, but with no top it wasn't going to work out for very long....

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
great shot..............................but what i would do different. i would do some cropping and get rid of the couch and stand for sure, probably the white wall showing above the tank as well. basically crop it to just the tank.

the tank looks great, and i too love small fish(but normally just feed them to my big fish)

stan chung

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Nice work-I think the shot is alright but do try to get a straight on shot-looks a little high. If need be, increase your tank slope. [hehe-there's a few fellow aquascapers here!]

Somebody to shoo the fishes to school does make a better impression of flow-IMO.
200 cardinals in there? For a 6ft tank I think another 100 would be good!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store