Picked up 2 new cats...

mcox3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
necrocanis;1171075; said:
looks to be fasciatum. Only time will tell as the pattern develops. Looks like there are vertical white stripe with the black stripes? Usually a tell-tell sign of fasciatum. Your's has a pattern already at such a small size. Mine newest was solid black almost until he hit 4" now at 7" he is definitely a fasciatum.
I like the fasciatum just a slight bit more than the tigrinus, but I'm happy either way. I see what your talking about, those do look like white stripes. I'll post pictures as he grows.

Mystix212;1171185; said:
What are the future plans for them?
I'm in the process of putting together a 600g as a temp home and I hope to perminantly house them in a 7x7x3. If that is not sufficient then I will go from there, but a concrete DIY would be my next choice.

malawi haps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2007
south carolina
Keep us updated with pics and progress.

mcox3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It seems the TSN prefers Hikari Carnivore pellets over krill and the RTC is the other way around.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
RTCs are awsome looking, i hope i'll have the means to keep a large one someday

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I got a TSN and a RTC as well. Very cool cats. I worry about the TSN though...I have him in a different tank for now. They're both the same length, but I think the TSN could fit in the RTC's mouth. And if he doesn't fit, I'm not sure if I want to take the risk and see if my RTC will try anyway.

mcox3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I know what you mean... I had them in the same tank but with a divider and the first time i took it out i was ready for the worst... the RTC's chase each other around, but they leave the TSN competely alone...

Only thing is, i have to sneak food to the TSN- cause once the RTCs pick it up on their radar its hard for anyone else to eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store