Picked up a 535

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
I’ve never built a stand before and don’t have the necessary tools but I’m compelled to learn since that stand design is clean and appears relatively simple to do. Might be time to learn. Do you think a wooden stand like that can hold the tank along with a 180 gallon sump on the bottom?
It will hold, I plan on adding more cross pieces on the bottom and than 1/2” ply to accommodate a 72” sump, if you want to travel I’m in DC area and will help you build your stand. My tank isn’t as tall as yours but is still 480g, should be done buikding it this weekend

BF757B41-BFEE-470D-8016-8E69EDB7589A.jpeg

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
It will hold, I plan on adding more cross pieces on the bottom and than 1/2” ply to accommodate a 72” sump, if you want to travel I’m in DC area and will help you build your stand. My tank isn’t as tall as yours but is still 480g, should be done buikding it this weekend

View attachment 1297314
Thank you. I appreciate it. I’d come to DC if I could but recently moved back to California. Used to go there often to visit friends when I lived in Philly.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Thank you!

I’ll let you know. It’ll be a few weeks before I have the 280 running to get some fish delivered.

A think a Suriname biotope would be amazing. The geos are available from Wes. Jeff has festivals and angels from Suriname right now too. Wow. Can’t wait to see pics.

you read my mind... I may also get crazy and see if i can make a school of denticulatus pirannha work... Jeff rapps keeps them in community tanks with no issue (although angels my be a no go).

Reactions: mrrobxc

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
Thank you. I appreciate it. I’d come to DC if I could but recently moved back to California. Used to go there often to visit friends when I lived in Philly.
Ahh gotcha I thought you were still in philly. I feel better now knowing I didn’t miss out on that tank locally lol!

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
you read my mind... I may also get crazy and see if i can make a school of denticulatus pirannha work... Jeff rapps keeps them in community tanks with no issue (although angels my be a no go).
Was thinking about those too and they realized they are illegal here in SoCal. I’ve been reading up on them and have read they are more like silver dollars than piranha. If you do it, that’ll be sick Jay.

How’s the crew back in the NE? Miss seeing you guys around and talking shop.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Ahh gotcha I thought you were still in philly. I feel better now knowing I didn’t miss out on that tank locally lol!
Lol. I hear you. I miss philly. Water was cheap and water was much softer and “better” for SA fish than Cali water.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Just used the volume calculator. Looks like this tank is 600 gallons...

Reactions: jimmie d wad

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
I am hella jealous, great pick up, I will be following this thread for sure

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I am hella jealous, great pick up, I will be following this thread for sure
I hope this project moves along at a good pace. I have my other tank that I’ll be getting and setting up first since that one is turn-key. Still have lots to figure out.

I’m reading JK47 JK47 ‘s post as we speak.

bassmasterp

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2008
Congo
Very nice R, need help moving it, let me know? Congrats! Dragon Hunter Dragon Hunter came thru for you twice..lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store