Pics of my new Blue botia

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
H3D;795953; said:
:confused: Not all blue botia are dyed. From the pics these do not appear to have been. :)
Ya I don't know if I've got dyed botias or not. I've looked up as many websites I can find and the pics that definitely show dyed the botias are bright blue or purple. Mine seem to look like all the other pics of them. Of course my vision may be blurred by my hope for the best.:confused:

Blub Blub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Virginia
I've had my blue botai for 15 months, and it looked just like the one you have when I got it. It's color hasn't faded any, it just got a little bigger and alot fatter. I think your fish's color is natural.

Many red tail botai loaches lack color completely, and are just a dull grey color (I have some). I think these are the ones that are frequently dyed. I am by no means an expert, this is just my opinion.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
i agree, they are naturally blue but some are dyed to be bluer

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Euge;795734; said:
i always heard that they were naturally blue. i guess you learn something new everyday
you are 100% correct sir

is300zx;794877; said:
yeah blue botias are dyed.

depending on the individual some have very strong blue coloring.

the once on the left had a strong blue color with a gray base, camera didnt show it too well though.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Bderick67;794562; said:
Picked these guys up yesterday, my 72 gallon planted is slowly turning into a loach tank. Other tankmates include 4 clowns, 3 yoyos, 4 red bay snooks, lots of mollies and a couple of gouramis
yours appear to be normal since it has the green sheen, if it was dyed im pretty sure you wouldnt be able to see it.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Thanks DeLgAdO, I'm pretty confident that they aren't dyed. All the pics that Ive seen of dyed fish they are bright blue, or purple.

I see you have them in your tank with your aro, how are they in comparision with your clowns? Is the growth rate about the same? Do they interact much with the clowns.

Thanks.

Arachnar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Boise,Idaho
yeah your fish are a nice natural color ,they don't look dyed,if they where they would have a bad immune system and likely get fungus or some infection.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store