Pike Fishing Rig's ( Esox Lucius )

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
BrtnBoy449;895252; said:
how is that a small pike jakethesnake
yeah thats a big pike but they get alot bigger in minisoda where i go on fishing trips you see pics of 40+ pound pikes alot

alex2158

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
illinois
just so u all kno pike like to sit at the bottom of the lake or river and wait to see prey above them thats y their eyes are more towards the top of theyre head but my rig is a mepps 5 spinner with a 12 insh leader and barbless hooks

bromie88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Liverpool, England
i hate the way pike are so underated in the uk. many people still assume summer pike dont fight hard... ive yet to see a summer pike that didnt fight.

my mate had a jack last week that was 9lb, first pike too... nice fish. very long. had to go to wales to get that though... i lost a wells too. was gutted to say the least. a nice carp did me in the same snag too. :irked: bad times eh?

match anglers still kill all the pike in my local park lakes when caught. which is anoying to say the least. as there used to be some 'big' ones. mid doubles where the norm.

like i said i have to travel a fair way to catch pike now. llyn y gors on anglesey. nice place, well established. going back in 2 weeks, so will pass the rigs on to my mate, the new pike addict :)

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
how can you have thread like this with no talk of large rapalas, spinner baits, boogee bait, and other large baits? lol

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
in summer i use large spinners, top raiders, top props, suckers, and jurk baits. ice fishing i put tip-ups out with a depth of 10-20' and i place the suckers or shinners 1/2 way down. i always pinch the tail on the suckers it makes them swim like their about to die when they're fresh. to pinch the tail fan out the tail break out the middle section of the tail to leave the tail in a "v" with only the outter rays. they can't resist it! i also use quick strick rigs.

Knoxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
I know this was ment for live bait rigs like a quick strike rig, but a favorite pike bait for me since the early 70s and has been around a lot longer is the common spoon. They are great for bank and dock fisherman since they can be cast out very long distances and retrieved. Another plus is after a pike hits them they can fixed with a bit of paint and always run true.

Reactions: Droptopwop

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Knoxx;3509544; said:
I know this was ment for live bait rigs like a quick strike rig, but a favorite pike bait for me since the early 70s and has been around a lot longer is the common spoon. They are great for bank and dock fisherman since they can be cast out very long distances and retrieved. Another plus is after a pike hits them they can fixed with a bit of paint and always run true.
spoons are my go to if the fish aren't biting...my fav color is the five-o-dimonds...in 4 days i caught 700 pikes ranging in size from 2lbs-20lbs in a small river/ creek between to lakes with alot of "backwaters" on either side of the river/creek that was maybe 100yds long and 20yds wide...

PygoPices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
catch them in the 10-15lb range all the time at my lakehouse in canada- caught this on a 1/4oz jig fishing for walleye 2180_516200388538_4781_n.jpg

2180_516200388538_4781_n.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store