Pike for my 100 gallon

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Kinky...in an ironically weird kinda way.....i dunno..i guess you could be proud of that...lol...not too sure....haven't been there in a while....have an ex that lives there...oy

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Dude...my last name is Goodchild....you have NO FREAKIN IDEA how much I hated my last name in highschool...and still a little...lol....my sveni female is almost 6" right now....gettin thicker....:D

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Shoot...i love food!! LOL!! Get made fun of though cuz i eat a hell'va lot and it just doesn't stick....so yeah....size 32 is LOOSE for me....fit into a 29 if I try...:p

Badchild....i got a kewl one once...WarChild cuz i'm always gettin hurt...:p

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
the PH in my Central American tank is running at about 7.2- 7.4 will a Xingu 1 do ok in this kind of PH? this is a 125 gallon tank with 9" V. regani, 2 6" H. Bocourt, 1 6" nicky. the 2 xingu 1 are at about 3.5 inches. with enough hiding places will this work?

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
I need to remind you, xingus might be peaceful as juv...but as soon as they hit subadult they can become seriously super anal. Also, don't get just two...get as many as you can. Better chances of pairin up, plus the aggression will be much more subdued. When pikes are below 4" they are relatively delicate, so you will have to keep ur eye on them. Personally, I wouldn't risk pikes of that size in the 125 with those other fish. For one, they are large, have been in there for a while, and could easily harass if not eat the smaller pikes. Also, CA cichlids are more of a hardwater, higher pH fish, so you should really aim to keep them in pHs in the 7.8 to 8.0+....with hard to moderate hard water. They will live in the softer, more acidic pHs...but they are more suited for the higher pHs. I kept my CA cichlids in 8.4 pH and hard water. They loved it. As for the pikes, they can tolerate hard water and higher pHs...but being SA they do show better colors and seem happier in 7.5pH and below.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store