pike? what pike?

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I am not sure about the scientific name but it looks very much like a cobra pike to me... The red picture you see is an adult female.. the other is subadult coloring but still older than the picture you posted. How much were they selling it for?

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
That is 100% Crenicichla sp. 'cobra'...that is its juv. coloration. The first picture in that thread you linked to is a subadult....;). Lugubris pikes go through two color changes generally before they are adults. It IS NOT a dwarf pike though. 125gal tank should be the min. tank size you keep it in...as these guys can get 14"....with out a problem. They are relatively aggressive pikes though, so only get it if you are willin to have some of your fish bullied. Pikes aren't for everyone. Some people just can't handle their never ending stomach and crazy aggressive tendencies. I would snatch it up though...lol...but i love pikes!

bsplenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
I never regretted grabbing it up too! :D I actually like the sub-adult coloration.

Got this fellow for 20 SGD.

It is currently in a temporary tank with a Gymnogeophagus balzanii and an L81 pleco.

I might try to throw him into my aro's tank when it gets bigger. My green aro is currently 14-15".

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
repair said:
Peanut your trying to tell us that you like pikes? I can't belive it :ROFL:

:ROFL: . I'm shocked. Peanut likes pikes? How peculiar :screwy: :grinno:

I hope he sees this because I'm gonna get a pike madddddddd soon. :headbang2

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
well, im gonna make an order from rapps soon. I'm thinking of a dwarf pike for the 75 gallon, and not sure what else for the 350. :D

bsplenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Benfica540 said:
well, im gonna make an order from rapps soon. I'm thinking of a dwarf pike for the 75 gallon, and not sure what else for the 350. :D
Dwarf pike? Crenicichla compressiceps? :drool:

I was looking for it at my LFS, but they currently don't have stock. :cry:

Get cobras for your 350. They rocks! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store