pike? what pike?

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
I totally would dude, but theyre a little expensive for me. I'm gonna hopefully go with a group of caquetaia panama green if he still has some, keeping my fingers crossed for those. blue dempsey, amphilophus lyonsi, and a few others ive got my eye on. :thumbsup: , and thought i would throw in a dwarf pike for the 75.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
bsplenden said:
Dwarf pike? Crenicichla compressiceps? :drool:

I was looking for it at my LFS, but they currently don't have stock. :cry:

:headbang2

rapps has some on his stocklist :naughty:

bsplenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Benfica540 said:
rapps has some on his stocklist :naughty:
Yeah. But I can't order online cos I don't have the budget.

Just like my cobra, I got it for only 20 SGD at my LFS. That is about 34 USD only. :grinyes:

Wish ya luck on your 350g tank. :thumbsup:

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
You could go for Crenicichla regani.....he has pretty big ones for cheap, they look pimp...and he could sex them and get yaz a pair...;). Pikes don't look complete unless they are in a pair..;)...sooo much kewler to watch them interact. OR you could get some Crenicichla cincta! :D Get a couple of those...or just one.....be great for your 75 for a while...then when it gets bigger it will go perfect in your 350! Plus get yaz hooked on the larger pikes! Not to mention kewl lookin...;)

bsplenden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Back to my new pike.

What is the growth rate of this pike like? And how do i sex it?

Cos I'm thinking of getting an oscar and a green terror. if it's growth rate is not too slow, would they be fine?

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Growth rate will be at least an 1" a month...if you keep their bellies plump, keep up on your water change and the like. Should be aight with those cichlids. I have kept my pikes with pbass, festae, chocolates, jags, red devils, oscars, and salvini...just to name a few...should be aight as long as it can't be eaten. Make sure the oscar is a little smaller..;)...thing will be aight.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
the reason i was only gonna go with one pike for the 350 is that I've really got my sights set on a group of panama green and they get HUGE, which means an incredible amount of bioload and not much room for other fish. I think I might just stick with a dwarf pike for now man or a small group of them for the 75. I plan on putting one firemouth from rapps too, and with a blue dempsey, and 4 amphilophus lyonsi, and a small pike, ill pretty much be maxed out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store