Piranha caught in CO

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
No fish is worth jail time lol. But because of idiots releasing non-native fish into bodies of water, snakeheads are illegal, and they are great fish if you have the right setup. Does anyone know why asian aros are illegal in the states?

Bassman89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Rockin down the Highway USA
I would love an asian aro, if they were legal and I could afford one! But its not even worth argueing w/ people like that, because they think they're right, even though there is a big fine for releasing fish into a body of water that it didnt come from. Your not even allowed to catch a fish in one lake and release it into another. Now we have pike in some lakes in the mountains, and they are eating all the trout that get stocked into them! The pike grow huge, but theres not many trout in some of the lakes anymore!
ppl always think they are right because they dont wanna take other ppls advice that makes more sense and dont want to be proved wrong

simple man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2006
colorado
As much as the uneducated idiots make mistakes a lot of times the people in charge do the same stupid things. Like Lakers in Yellowstone eatin all of the native cutts and they keep takin thousands of lakers out but they cant get rid of them. Maybe for once we should leave our lakes and streams they way they were!

Bassman89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Rockin down the Highway USA
As much as the uneducated idiots make mistakes a lot of times the people in charge do the same stupid things. Like Lakers in Yellowstone eatin all of the native cutts and they keep takin thousands of lakers out but they cant get rid of them. Maybe for once we should leave our lakes and streams they way they were!
.....i see exactly where your coming from

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
Alot of places would only have one species of fish, or none, without stocking. I agree that many species should not have been introduced, but many can help, or at least be nuetral, in places where they are stocked.

RuXPiN

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2006
Steve Irwins Shadow
couple little kids caught a large pirana, by hand, in the same spot i do my netting. they through it in thier back pack and brought it to the library and newspaper, big ass pic of dead p on front page, if only id been there that day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store