Plan for a New 180 Gallon Tank

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
compared to other big cichlids they are nothing I've had over 20 in my time 3 inch - 7 inch males they will bully what they can but plenty of cichlids and fish are meaner texas cichlids, red devil, vieja, tilapia, parachromis etc, large pike cichlids, for south American cichlids there aggressive but they aint got nothing on central Americans or africans
It's all relative. Compared to those you named, yes, a GT is a pussycat. In relation to the fish listed in the original post, depending on the temperament of that individual GT, it very well could be easily the most aggressive fish of the bunch.

Reactions: philipraposo1982

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
It's all relative. Compared to those you named, yes, a GT is a pussycat. In relation to the fish listed in the original post, depending on the temperament of that individual GT, it very well could be easily the most aggressive fish of the bunch.
All of the fish he wants to stock his tank with are hardy fish and can defend themselves the green terror wouldn't be a terror under normal circumstances but that's the same for any fish

ampped

Feeder Fish
Aug 10, 2017
Thanks for the info and opinions so far guys. I've looked around a little more and based on what you guys have said, I'm leaning towards skipping out on the Banded Leporinus and Green Terror, sounds like they could potentially be asking for trouble. I'm thinking I'll switch them for a Black Ghost Knife Fish and a Severum, those guys are growing on me the more I look at them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store