Planning to buy a flowerhorn

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Ruturaj Ruturaj i love the footprint of a 40b, it will be a good size for quite awhile. What people don’t seem to understand is the wider the footprint the more swimming space unless you have certain fish like discus or angels that really like the vertical space

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ruturaj Ruturaj i love the footprint of a 40b, it will be a good size for quite awhile. What people don’t seem to understand is the wider the footprint the more swimming space unless you have certain fish like discus or angels that really like the vertical space
Yep. Most recommended to get 55 instead which is worst.

Reactions: tpaquarist17

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Ruturaj Ruturaj exactly. My plan was to build a stand for my 65 long before I move out of this house. If I don’t have one built by then, then I will be setting up a 40 temporarily since I already have a stand for it

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
So the seller,
Ruturaj Ruturaj supposedly I ordered him on a week that he was not shipping any fish out, then the next week on the day he was supposed to ship him to Julie he told me his car broke down. Then finally the third week he was able to ship him. It could have been a number of reasons though, whether he was telling the truth about it all or not i can’t say
The seller, chonburiman suriyun, told me, it's too cold there, so not shipping this week, he would be shipping next week instead. I think he just waits for certain number of fish to be sold and makes up reasons till he reach that number.

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Ruturaj Ruturaj see that kind of pissed me off, if they are true reasons that’s okay but if they are excuses then he shouldn’t be selling fish. If you buy something it should be sent to you as soon as possible. I have heard a few bad things about him and I don’t think I’d be ordering from him again

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ruturaj Ruturaj see that kind of pissed me off, if they are true reasons that’s okay but if they are excuses then he shouldn’t be selling fish. If you buy something it should be sent to you as soon as possible. I have heard a few bad things about him and I don’t think I’d be ordering from him again
Seems like ea imports, directly from Julie, is better. This fish is advertised to be 5 inches and for $70 including shipping.

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Ruturaj Ruturaj yeah not a bad price but I met a guy on Facebook from Chicago that bought his from a breeder here in the US and has much more quality fish. Also, he doesn’t filter any pictures he takes so when you see the fish you know exactly what you’re getting. Mine has turned out nice so far but he only looks good when I’m away from the tank. Still very standoffish

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ruturaj Ruturaj yeah not a bad price but I met a guy on Facebook from Chicago that bought his from a breeder here in the US and has much more quality fish. Also, he doesn’t filter any pictures he takes so when you see the fish you know exactly what you’re getting. Mine has turned out nice so far but he only looks good when I’m away from the tank. Still very standoffish
Is that seller on Facebook or something?

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Ruturaj Ruturaj i wonder if mine and yours are from the same batch

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store