Plant choices placement- questions.

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
alright, my mom loves my soon to be firemouth aquarium so much she wants me to rescape/replant the 55 gallons, again low light but my mom loves the look of vals, java fern, and dwarf hair grasslike plants, any recommendations to what I can add to the planted list, she just got guppy grass and amazon frogbit any ideas to spruce the tank up?

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
Wanted to ask if you could trim marimo moss balls, my mom keeps telling me to do so as they look “a little ratty.” I don’t think they look that bad but thought i would ask more experienced people. The photo I’ve attached is a better look at them.5BAF0F07-45B7-465A-88C3-7C105ACECD62.jpegpre canister filter (i think?) or just after i installed it (again i think..)

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Rotala rotundifolia.Grows well in a low tech tank with just root tabs.

planted.jpg

old tank.jpg

Reactions: Zanzag

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
That was something I am still looking for the 75 as well to fill in a couple of gaps in the background, last I checked my lfs didn't have it, is there an online company(ies?) you all go to? Big thank you for the suggestion!

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
That was something I am still looking for the 75 as well to fill in a couple of gaps in the background, last I checked my lfs didn't have it, is there an online company(ies?) you all go to? Big thank you for the suggestion!
I bought my latest supply off of a vendor on Etsy, but look online. Dustinsfishtanks.com seems to have a lot in stock, but I've never bought from them before.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store