Plant only filtration (why not popular in the hobby???)

Piscavores:)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2018
Yeah but i like the look of a vine sprawling from my HOB not a bush from my tank(no offense) I’m also prob still gonna do water changes ang I’m OK with that

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I had a 29 gallon no WC tank for months! It was amazing but I had too many tanks and ended up selling it because it was on the first floor. Sure do regret that move. It was minimal work. Only topped it off weekly and would have to clean off algae build up on the glass here and there. But wow did I get reemed for having and promoting this tank on Reddit. Glad to see this post.

lnelms2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Miamisburg, Ohio
I was wondering if a planter box like this is aquarium safe. It would fit perfectly along the back of my 40b.

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
I was wondering if a planter box like this is aquarium safe. It would fit perfectly along the back of my 40b.
View attachment 1362375
Generally speaking yes, it should be fine. If you are raising fish to eat them (aquaculture) or plan to eat the plants (hydroculture) then I would potentially reach out to to the manufacturer to get information regarding the materials used and manufacturing process.

Reactions: lnelms2

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
I've always wondered the same thing, I always keep water wisteria and cabomba in my tanks, and let them go crazy. I'm currrently trying my hand at pothos. First time trying anything that grows above the water
Pothos works great, the foliage outside the tank does not seem to grow very fast but the roots in the tank, grow rapidly. Crappy laptop pic of them.IMG_20190926_013136.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store