Planted 180G

PrymeTyme-716

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2010
Thanks R Reiner im using pool filter sand from Home Depot. I do want to add some rocks though to the sand. I’m in between the smooth small black river stones and regular brown gravel mix mrrobxc mrrobxc was telling me about

Reactions: mrrobxc

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I'd keep it natural looking just know if you add a bunch that over time all the sand will be on the bottom and the larger size gravel on top. If you only add a little into the mix the larger size will still end up on top but you can still see the sand in between the scattered gravel. I'm trying to go the Safe T Sorb route for my tank with a small grain nat6gravel on top maybe as a cap or just straight safe t sorb

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
OOH! I like that much better! It looks a little empty on the left IMO. Id put another sword or two over here. Other than that it looks great!

Reactions: PrymeTyme-716

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
Damn your tank and fish look good! Your swords are really blowing up and it makes me jealous lol mine are shriveled up and don’t seem to want to take off... just got a Fluval 3.0 light for my tank so hopefully it’ll help them look like yours!

PrymeTyme-716

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2010
Thanks M MFM I appreciate it, I go heavy on my lights too. They're on for 14 hours a day and get the root tabs once every 60 days. Thanks DwarfCichlidLvr DwarfCichlidLvr how is it now? little more filled out I hope hahaha Thank You C Chris2485 it took many many trips to multiple lfs, I honestly couldnt tell you. If I had to guess it was probably from Rod @ predatory fins where I got the zebrinas

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Looks good!
However the branch in the middle that's sticking up looks out of place Imo. It looks better when it's laying down.

Reactions: PrymeTyme-716
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store