Platinum Jack Dempsey attempt

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
JD's are probably among my favorite cichlids and these little guys (and gals) are absolutely adorable! You must be really happy with the way they're turning out, I know I would be. :D

How many generations are you expecting it to take before you get what you're looking for? Sorry if that's asked in a silly way, I'm not sure how to word my question in a way that it makes sense :oops: I guess what I'm trying to ask is at what point do you say "I've done it! I've created a platinum JD!" and call it a day? :)

Reactions: YankeeJack

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
Thanks Kittiee Katt. I think I'm there .. now I'd like to see how they turn out as adults. I have three spawns from the same parents and am now looking to outcross again.

I've been working with Jack Dempseys for over 10 years now. I enjoy the rigor required to successfully spawn and raise the EBJDs (and Platinums), so I'm not anywhere near calling it a day :)

Now only if my dang Zebra places would spawn!!!!!!

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Stunning mate love them, I've been hangin out for an update on these. Looking beautiful and healthy. Glad you have accomplished your goal.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
They're looking great! :D

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
The fry are between 1.5"-2" now.

The EB in this photo is a grand uncle. The gold female is 'Solo' as mentioned earlier in this thread. Solo is the Grandmother of these fry.

IMG_5961.JPG

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store