Please boycott Ohio tank seller Aquart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
bettie, why don't you point him to this thread then? he could just answer for himself

Also, how would you feel if it were you that this happen to? would you still think he was a swell guy?

Bettie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2013
Ohio
The bigger they are the harder they fall, Bettie. KNH or Ewurm what happened to this case?

I heard that the kid that stole the money went back to Toledo ... and was in trouble with the police. The guy who ordered the tank ... I think that is KNH, eventually got a brand new tank. The guy from AquArt really got screwed by everyone! It was a sh*tty deal that all started from trying to help someone down on their luck with a job .... "no good dead goes unpunished" .....

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I heard that the kid that stole the money went back to Toledo ... and was in trouble with the police. The guy who ordered the tank ... I think that is KNH, eventually got a brand new tank. The guy from AquArt really got screwed by everyone! It was a sh*tty deal that all started from trying to help someone down on their luck with a job .... "no good dead goes unpunished" .....
Bettie who are you? Do I know you? You have a lot of misinformation. I did get a brand new tank but I had to pay again for it. I never received any of my $3000 back from aquart. I took them to court and won but they no showed and flew under the radar for awhile. To this day I've never received any of the 3k that was stolen from me. The owner of aquart certainly didn't get screwed.

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
I read this thread a while back and can't believe its was brought back. Body builders don't make good fighters, just big guys with little weak chins. There's criminals like this all over and the store owner should have made it right no matter what.

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I have 2 - glass tank : 150 & 155 gal, 2 big acrylics : 350 & a 450 gal that were purchased from AquArt ... do those qualify as "large"?
I'll Feed the fire, if you own these tanks then post pics of them with a sign taped to them with a triangle drawn on it. Otherwise you shall be deemed forever a troll

Pbass265

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2012
cincinnati
Wow this is a pretty bad story that has been dug up. I live in Cincinnati and was thinking of looking at them for one of my new tanks when I get the new house. Thanks for the heads up. KNH if you did not get your money you were awarded I would diffidently not lose out. Sometimes you can get your money back plus interest. I would contact them again and try to get it resolved. If that does not work out go back to the court that awarded you the judgment and see what they can do for you. I would not let this happen even out of principle even if it cost me more than I got back.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Hey guys,
I'm new to this site. I have a number of big fish tanks and live in Ohio. Everyone who lives around Columbus know these guys. Yeah, they are a little crazy .... but what Monster Fish keeper isn't? I've been buying tanks from them for 20 years now! I think you have this story really, really wrong!

The owner, Rich, is a really nice guy. He's always sponsoring softball teams, doing stuff for the community, giving people who need work jobs ... granted, he unconventional, but he's not a crook .... where did that come from? I think I remember what went down here ... some kid who was being mentored by Rich was answering phone calls .... and the kid set up some kind of scheme to steal from both parties. 2 people sent this guy checks .... he then signed the checks over to AquArt .... said it was to buy tanks for his friends .... then ran off with his commission ..... and AquArt had no clue what was going on until later. I had heard that the whole thing had been worked out .... years ago!!!

Now I'm looking back at all this and thinking ..... what's up with bashing this guy? What's up with boycotting AquArt? Don't you guys care about have your facts straight? This guy is selling really good new & used tanks at excellent prices ..... should be your best friend on a site like this, right? I wonder who it is that is telling you NOT to buy from the cheap guy .... would be it from his competition? I don't know for sure, buy I've bought at least 2 giant tanks from the guy and am very happy! I also have a dozen friends that have bought tanks from him and are very happy .... food for thought!

And PS, for the guys that suggested "kicking his *ss" ... that dude is a huge body-builder ... not someone to mess with ..... just FYI
First of all, Rich is NOT and I repeat, NOT a huge bodybuilder. He is an older diabetic man and a big time bull****ter. I went to his house for some fish I found on Craigslist in December. I emailed him and told him I want the fish in his ad, he said no problem and I will hold them till you get here, which was that Friday. He then emailed me again confirming I was coming the next day and I said yes, again. He said the fish are still here, etc. So I get there, my buddy asks about the albino pacu and he said, they just walked out the door!! So we walk in and he shows us his tank, he has a tank that is 12-14 foot long that he said he built a long time ago which I remember seeing on Craigslist a while ago which he wanted a fortune for it. Then he took us down stairs, the fish I wanted said he just sold it, it was a Bifa and I also wanted the Bifa pair and he said sorry I just sold it earlier. Mind you the day before he still had these "fish" and said he was holding them for me. He just wanted us to come there to look at his fish and potentialy buy something else. I did but another south american but not what I wanted.

You say his tank are priced good? This guy puts the highest prices on his tanks. I remember he wanted $900 to deliver a tank to me, its a 2 hour drive, its doesnt cost $900 to deliver a tank. On another ad he listed another tank that was $100 more than what I wanted and he listed it as free delivery to your curb but yet he wanted to charge me $900??? This guy is an idiot. When I paid Rich, I had to send the money to someone else because he said he owed money to this guy. He was always rude when answering emails, he doesnt like to answer questions, he just wants you to visit his store or house to you can buy something. Will never do business with him again, EVER.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Wow this is a pretty bad story that has been dug up. I live in Cincinnati and was thinking of looking at them for one of my new tanks when I get the new house. Thanks for the heads up. KNH if you did not get your money you were awarded I would diffidently not lose out. Sometimes you can get your money back plus interest. I would contact them again and try to get it resolved. If that does not work out go back to the court that awarded you the judgment and see what they can do for you. I would not let this happen even out of principle even if it cost me more than I got back.
If you want a new tank, contact Jason at www.AquaticsandExotics.com Dont waste your $$$ with Rich. I paid $2500-2600 for my 500 gallon, Rich's prices are double that and Jason is right here in Mt.Healty, not 2 hours away.

Dont email Rich either, he will spam you his price list for everything he is selling, which has nothing to do with your specific question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store